Samsung Ending Production of Plasma TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Tarxman, glad you have returned to elaborate your initial brief posting. I'm not sure what the ratios are for the UK, but I do know that LCDs and LCDs backlit with LEDs heavily outsell plasma sets here also.

If we all lived in Australia, could we all afford the kit that you have in your second room? The 65" VT and the 9-channel Denon receiver - which can drive 11 channels if you add a separate stereo amplifier. It's like the stuff in my parlour, but significantly better! :)

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
If we all lived in Australia, could we all afford the kit that you have in your second room? The 65" VT and the 9-channel Denon receiver - which can drive 11 channels if you add a separate stereo amplifier. It's like the stuff in my parlour, but significantly better! :)

Says the man with a Kuro in his second bedroom. :grin:

Admittedly opportunities seem better in Australia than in the UK right now.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Not many exchanges on here make me laugh out loud, so well done, Strapped for Cash! Actually at the end of October I'll have more access to the second bedroom, so I intend to spend a few nights there to see how good the post-calibration 9th-generation Kuro is compared to my other calibrated sets! Can't wait! By the way, I do also have an 8th-generation Kuro in my bedroom ......

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
By the way, I do also have an 8th-generation Kuro in my bedroom ......

I won't dig deeper into your rationale for putting better televisions in less frequented rooms. (Feng shui, perhaps.) I get a sense that guests are very well catered for.

For what it's worth, I saw a 5090 alongside a VT65 (both calibrated) at the Richer Sounds event earlier this year. There was little to choose between the two. I couldn't stick around to see a calibrated KRP in action, which was a shame.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
Son_of_SJ said:
By the way, professorhat, this is now your third avatar that I have seen, and unlike the others, it neither looks like a professor nor displays a hat.

Good point - should be fixed soon...

I say bring back Man With Pipe - his sage-like appearance always lent a certain gravitas to posts! :)

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
One of the few perks of being in consumer electronics retail, buying direct through our wholesalers/distributors ;) they like us having their product so we can relate our experience with potential new customers, so they allow for us to buy them cheap!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts