Samsung Ending Production of Plasma TV

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Just got news that all Samsung Plasma tv's are to be cleared. Reminiscent of the old Toshiba HD DVD players when news broke about them pulling out. Is this the final nail in the coffin for plasma? If so, it's a sad, sad day.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
I've just done a quick google and found this from cnet, as far as the op is concerned i would like to see a link to back up his story, unless he has heard it from someone in the business.

Yuh, that's Panasonic, it's 6 months old and it says they're NOT stopping plasma production. Other than that...

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Agreed...there seems to be no substance to this story and the OP has provided no information other than to declare Samsung ceasing production of plasma TVs, where is the article? Where has this info come from? Much more info is required until I buy into that so called news.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Looking at Tarxman's signature, his TVs are not UK spec. Maybe he's heard the news in his country, wherever that is...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Pindi said:
Looking at Tarxman's signature, his TVs are not UK spec. Maybe he's heard the news in his country, wherever that is...

Yeah, I saw that too, good point, Pindi. But Tarxman has disappeared, not the first time on these forums that someone has started a contentious thread and then vanished. So he may never provide the link that was the genesis of his first post, and until he does, I'll just let this subject pass me by.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Given the time of the original post, I'd say it was likely Tarxman is somewhere on the other side of the world from Europe and is probably asleep now. I can also see he has been a member for over 4 years, so seems unlikely he signed up that long ago, waiting for this opportunity to spring his cryptic marketing scam.

Lets wait and see if there's anything new from him by tomorrow European time before jumping to conclusions!

D

Deleted member 2457

He owns two very nice plasmas too, and one very current one, so he must be up to date with stuff.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
Lets wait and see if there's anything new from him by tomorrow European time before jumping to conclusions!

Nah, let's all jump to conclusions right now!!

By the way, professorhat, this is now your third avatar that I have seen, and unlike the others, it neither looks like a professor nor displays a hat.

D

Deleted member 2457

I suppose it wouldnt be a big surprise if they were to stop, I can't see them getting much better results. Panasonic have said a big reason they are pulling out of plasma is that they have taken it as far as it can go. Probably going to concentrate on OLED too.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, sorry about the delayed response. As some of you have determined, I'm not in UK, but Australia. I work for one of the major electrical retailers over here, and initially we received an email from our buying office directing us to clear all Samsung plasma as they are ending production. Following this, there was another email saying that limited stock would continue to come in until Christmas, but from then on, it's all over. I haven't heard any further updates, but given the fact Panasonic are no longer investing money into R&D of plasma, it's not really surprising that this would be the case. Not to mention the fact that OLED is finally upon us. At the end of the day, manufacturers, like retailers, are all about increasing the average sell price, and despite my love for plasma, figures don't lie. Led tvs have been outselling plasma over here at least at 5:1.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts