Sagem PVR 64250T - is it a worthy 2007 award winner??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a hard disk PVR and I had narrowed it down to either Humax or Topfield but I see that What Hi-Fi recommends the Segam unit.
There a very few reviews of this PVR on the web (unlike my other choices) and those I can find say that the picture quality is decidedly average, easily beaten by both of my other choices.

The most important features for me are a big hard disk and a top quality picture, either off-air or from the hard disk.

I get a strong signal where I live so bearing this in mind can anyone give me their experience of the 6420T?

I would be more than happy to save a fair amount of money over, say a Topfield with 250Gb hard drive. Regards, Chris

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chris,

We certainly choose Award winners first and foremost on performance, and every example of the Sagem we've had in has offered a superior picture to the rivals we've compared it against, both in terms of reception and recordings.

Remember that a decent aerial is important as well as decent signal strength (and a good, well-calibrated TV) - even the best PVRs will struggle if they working with either a poor source signal or display.

A

Anonymous

I have the Humax PVR and the What Hi-Fi test said the colours were a bit OTT(can't remember what the exact description was but did say that David Dickinson looked more orange than usual!) and that the picture was 'softer' than the others.

I can't agree as the colours on mine are spot on (even with David Dickinson) and the picture is so sharp and clear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts