sacd player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
electro69 said:
Cambridge Audio universal players downsample SACD to 88.2khz PCM so they cant be recommended for SACD playback.

Are there any SACD players that stay in DSD and are not converted to multi bit at some stage ?

It has always puzzled me why SACD has not been left as was originally intended , it's a shame really :cry: .

PS . Great name by the way ;) .

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
electro69 said:
For Multichannel the universal players are probably the best value.

The NAD T585 available second hand from ebay for £150 or less plays SACD really well in stereo and multichannel, unlike most Universal players it does not downsample to PCM ie. it has true 1 bit DACs.

The Denon Universal plays from the 2900 - (a little bright) onwards, these go from £50 on ebay

All the Sony SACD players are pretty good, the 1200ES a good multichannel machine £250 on ebay

If you are willing to stretch your budget a Sony SCD XA9000ES is the best multichannel player I've heard £1000 on ebay

Linn Unidisk - Not as good as Sony but probably more aound in the UK - under £1000 on ebay

New machines under £1000 very limited for multichannel. The Marantz universal players are cheaper than the Oppo and WhatHifi preferred the 7006.

For stereo new it would be the Marantz KI Pearl Lite at £700

A warning though, once you hear a good multichannel SACD system you wont want to listen to 2 channel again, whether through a top end streamer or not!

I hope you enjoy the Pink Floyd, when I demonstrate WYWH this to friends they are simply amazed one woman said "If I had this system I'd never leave the house!".

thanks for the info mate,but what's the major differance between oppo93/95...apart from the price?

i don't need multiregion,but sq is a must...your opinion would be most welcome :)

even tho i cant afford an sacd player just yet,i can't wait to here the DSOTM 25th(or was it 20th?) sacd i got when it came out :grin:

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You can get a Pioneer BDP lx55 for £259 now. I can assure you SACD is fantastic i was very impressed when i heard it with DSOM....

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
good call 'bout the pioneer,but the comments about 'bugs' tend to put me off,but defanatley one to look at :type: :cheers:

would love to know how much better the blue-ray playback is compared to mine?

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
good call 'bout the pioneer,but the comments about 'bugs' tend to put me off,but defanatley one to look at :type: :cheers:

would love to know how much better the blue-ray playback is compared to mine?

Yes i can understand that but all i can say to you is second update has been realesed and i have no issues to report on.... i could be just lucky mind.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
The price and availablility would prevent me from SACD play being my first criteria for choosing a player. My Sony BDP plays my two SACD well enough. Just my opinion and I still know nuffin'.

Cheers

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Multichannel? Ive got more channels than I can shake a stick at. :)

Yup. £200 bog standard. DSOTM is good but how many SACDs will I own in 10 yrs? Probably 2.

Must snooze. Late party last n........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts