S90C or S95C

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Am I correct in thinking the 65" S90C is better value overall than the S95C in that the extra cost isn't justified ?

Also the connect one box on the S95C is the main extra cost difference? And that the panels on the S90C are now the same now as the S95C ?

Are there any other 65" TVs around the same price you'd recommend? TV will be mainly for watching Movies, Blue-Rays and maybe gaming in the future but not priority at the moment.

Thanks

R2D2

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Am I correct in thinking the 65" S90C is better value overall than the S95C in that the extra cost isn't justified ?

Also the connect one box on the S95C is the main extra cost difference? And that the panels on the S90C are now the same now as the S95C ?

Are there any other 65" TVs around the same price you'd recommend? TV will be mainly for watching Movies, Blue-Rays and maybe gaming in the future but not priority at the moment.

Thanks
Possibly correct on that first point. The S95C has the second generation panel, whereas some of the 65S90C have first generation panels. It depends when the TV was released whether you would get a second generation panel on the 65S90C.

The LG 65G2 is a good price at present too:

5 year warranty and 5 year screen burn warranty on this TV.

The Samsung has anti-reflective screen if you have a bright room which is really good. If you have lots of windows I would go for the Samsung. If you have a darkened room then I might go for the LG. Both are cracking deals at present and you really can’t go wrong with either.

Apparently the one connect box on the Samsung S95C isn’t very reliable. I have the Samsung 65S90C TV and love it. I have also owned the LG G2 and that is very good TV.

Then you have the LG65C3 OLED TV which has a stand included whereas the LG 65G2 doesn’t. It also has built in DTS sound if for example you want great sound from a soundbar. DTS is great quality sound. Here it is:

Last edited:

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Possibly correct on that first point. The S95C has the second generation panel, whereas some of the 65S90C have first generation panels. It depends when the TV was released whether you would get a second generation panel on the 65S90C.

The LG 65G2 is a good price at present too:

5 year warranty and 5 year screen burn warranty on this TV.

The Samsung has anti-reflective screen if you have a bright room which is really good. If you have lots of windows I would go for the Samsung. If you have a darkened room then I might go for the LG. Both are cracking deals at present and you really can’t go wrong with either.

Apparently the one connect box on the Samsung S95C isn’t very reliable. I have the Samsung 65S90C TV and love it. I have also owned the LG G2 and that is very good TV.

Then you have the LG65C3 OLED TV which has a stand included whereas the LG 65G2 doesn’t. It also has built in DTS sound if for example you want great sound from a soundbar. DTS is great quality sound. Here it is:

Cheers, I'll check out the G2 then, I have a 5.1 surround, powered by an Onkyo 606 but I'm also contemplating a sound bar for less wires, don't want to be too hasty tho, so I'll get a TV and see how it goes.

Felipe007

May 6, 2024
Visit site
If you have already 5.1 better don't go for a soundbar, the quality of sound is inferior and when you watch movies you will lose the surround effects. If you want less wires I'd rather stick up with good stereo set as a compromise. And for a TV i personally got S95C but if you like, take a look for LG G3. Both Samsung and LG make often discounts at their sites so if you ain't on hurry just hunt for a best price straight from the manufacturer.

Reactions: bullitt

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
If you have already 5.1 better don't go for a soundbar, the quality of sound is inferior and when you watch movies you will lose the surround effects. If you want less wires I'd rather stick up with good stereo set as a compromise. And for a TV i personally got S95C but if you like, take a look for LG G3. Both Samsung and LG make often discounts at their sites so if you ain't on hurry just hunt for a best price straight from the manufacturer.
Well I took the dive but decided on the LG 65 C3 instead 🤣 but to accommodate it along with my onkyo 606 and tannoy centre speaker I need a longer TV unit ideally, and nonee I've seen so far do, I currently have Atacama HiFi units but LG65C3 will be overhanging, do you know of anywhere that sells TV units that accommodate an av reciever and centre speaker ? Thanks

Felipe007

May 6, 2024
Visit site
Sorry, I think I can't help you with this. My only reason why I have 65' TV is that the bigger screen just couldn't fit in my room. When you would like to buy bigger TV try TCL c845 85' I would eyeballin' it when I could fit it in my corner. I'm from Europe so I can share some good deals from here, and if you like I can make some photos of my setup for inspiration. For now I'm now on Klipsch R-50M 2.0 and Technics tower under TV and there is place for more. If I would take the R-30C I consider, I would place it in the middle and push back my Technics tower as I can control it with remote. If I could see your setup maybe I would find some solution. If I understand good you are hanging your TV on a wall, me too. If you live near middle Europe look for Ergosolid K600 it's ~25$'sh full exclusive wall mount with good adjustment up down front back left right if you like, I use it and don't regret not spending 3-4x more for the same but another brand from the market. LG C3 If I remember good there is in 77' also. Don't know If you have the centre speaker on the furniture or on the TV's "leg" ?

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, I think I can't help you with this. My only reason why I have 65' TV is that the bigger screen just couldn't fit in my room. When you would like to buy bigger TV try TCL c845 85' I would eyeballin' it when I could fit it in my corner. I'm from Europe so I can share some good deals from here, and if you like I can make some photos of my setup for inspiration. For now I'm now on Klipsch R-50M 2.0 and Technics tower under TV and there is place for more. If I would take the R-30C I consider, I would place it in the middle and push back my Technics tower as I can control it with remote. If I could see your setup maybe I would find some solution. If I understand good you are hanging your TV on a wall, me too. If you live near middle Europe look for Ergosolid K600 it's ~25$'sh full exclusive wall mount with good adjustment up down front back left right if you like, I use it and don't regret not spending 3-4x more for the same but another brand from the market. LG C3 If I remember good there is in 77' also. Don't know If you have the centre speaker on the furniture or on the TV's "leg" ?
Here is my current setup, TV is a 46" Panasonic, sat on Atacama units, the LG65C3 will overhang by some 8 inches either side, so I need a TV unit that is longer but can house the Onkyo 606 and the Mercury F1 Tannoy centre speaker, I'm not planning on wall mounting the TV because of all the wires but its an option I guess! I might wait until TV arrives and see how it looks, the only other option is having both atacama units side by side, not sure. I'm from the UK btw, thanks mate

Attachments

• 1000001257.jpg
    1000001257.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts