RXV3067 help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased, the Yamaha RXV 3067, and have a bit of a problem, i have a Sony 40W4500 tv, a Sony BDP 350 Blu Ray player,

Sony RDR HX 900 hard disc recorder, Apple tv2, Sky HD, and an infocus IN72 projector, (B&W MT30 speakers).

The problem is, Ive connected the sky via hdmi to the amp and run a coax cable for sound to the amp AV1 input on amp, (because apparently wont get 5.1 through hdmi cable, is this correct?

Also connected the blu ray via hdmi to the amp and run a coax cable for sound to the amp AV2 input on amp do i need to run the coax to get 5.1 sound through from blu ray?

Ive run the apple tv into AV3 input, havent tried it yet !!

The tv part seems to be working nearly ok although i cant get it to play through without turning the amp on, but i don't watch movies on the tv, as my speakers aren't set up in the right place for it so the centre speaker is at 90 degrees to the tv normally only use surround sound on projector or to listen to music, so i need to be able to watch sky, and dvds, through the tv without switching amp on....how do i do this?

I've got the projector wired up using component cables as 1) this was all my old amp had, 2) the projector only outputs at 561p, it does have an hdmi connector on the back but i cant run a cable to it as room is finished decorated and all wiring is hidden, when i bought the projector hd was only just available so not an option, basically I'm not getting a picture on my screen when i turn the projector on, well i am getting the background picture from the amp and menus up but no piccy from blu ray discs. Any suggestions?

I really would prefer the projector to work with blu ray player, and surround sound, so may have to go about this another way.

Hope this makes some sense

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance

Mull

A

Anonymous

Is the projector max resolution 561i or is this just what it's displaying at present?

You are correct that you need to run HDMI and optical for sky, you need to make sure you assign these to which ever input you select, you will also need to use the scene function so it remembers these inputs and select it each time you turn it of I.e. TV. To do this set it up as you need then just hold the tv scene button until the message it has been saved appears on the screen.

Your blu ray player should output the picture and audio via HDMI.

To get a picture out if the component connections you may need to turn on the "video conversion" (not to be mistaken for video upscaling) in the set up menu. This will allow signal flow between different connection types ( there should be a flow diagram in the manual).

To get the picture and sound on your TV, you will need to finding the setting that allows this function, I used to own an 1067 so I know it does it I just can't remember where, but have a look in the manual, it needs to say HDMI out = AVR+TV or through

A

Anonymous

Thanks markjaspi, Ill give that a try in the morning, any idea how i get hd dts sound out i am just going around the dsp programs at the moment...I'm going to print the manual out i hate it when theyre on disc...old fashioned i guess...Thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

You can't apply any DSP modes to HD audio, it will default to the core DTS or dolby sound track, use the straight or pure direct button on the AVR.

A

Anonymous

Markjaspi, Sorry yes the projectors max resolution is 561i

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts