Russ Andrews Sale (good bargain on powerkord)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I recieved the Russ Andrews January Sale booklet and there selling the Classic powerkord with Wattgate 320i IEC and DCT treated for £76.50 ! (1m lengh) Great value.

So if your on the market for a new powerkord you wont go far wrong with this especially at this price. Its a superb performer !

michael hoy

Morning Jase.

Just looking at the sale booklet, might change some of my cables at these prices.

My sub has a fixed power chord, would you cut this off and add an IEC ,then use an upgraded power chord, or do you think it would make no diffrerence to the sub.

Hope you have a great Christmas.

Mike

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy:
Morning Jase.

Just looking at the sale booklet, might change some of my cables at these prices.

My sub has a fixed power chord, would you cut this off and add an IEC ,then use an upgraded power chord, or do you think it would make no diffrerence to the sub.

Hope you have a great Christmas.

Mike

Ive done that to 2 tvs and a pre amp to great effect (Especially the amp)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:Thanks for the warning Jasse. My booklet has not arrived, but I have NO MONEY, so I will be left to dream on.Thats a shame idc, im going to order one & use it on my bluray player & the existing classic(untreated) im already using on it will be allocated to my plasma & also going to get a powerkord-8 for my sky box aswell & the yello im using with that ill put to my DVD recorder so itll be a good shuffle round.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
jase fox:im going to order one & use it on my bluray player & the existing classic(untreated) im already using on it will be allocated to my plasma & also going to get a powerkord-8 for my sky box aswell & the yello im using with that ill put to my DVD recorder so itll be a good shuffle round.
So Jase you're not tempted to try a new SuperKord?!! You will of course at last be able to answer that nagging question as to what difference the DCT treatment actually makes against an untreated PowerKord!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
wireman:jase fox:im going to order one & use it on my bluray player & the existing classic(untreated) im already using on it will be allocated to my plasma & also going to get a powerkord-8 for my sky box aswell & the yello im using with that ill put to my DVD recorder so itll be a good shuffle round.
So Jase you're not tempted to try a new SuperKord?!! You will of course at last be able to answer that nagging question as to what difference the DCT treatment actually makes against an untreated PowerKord!Merry xmas to you Wireman !

Yes, thats one of my main reasons as to why i want the DCT treated classic so i can compare the differences between them & was wanting to add a classic to my plasma anyway so this is a great opportunity to do so mate.

As for the superkord? mmmm not sure as yet ill wait for reviews etc it seems alot more cash for what it is doesnt it? We shall see?

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan Jase. You'll let us all know the difference(s) DCT makes, won't you?

jase fox:As for the superkord? mmmm not sure as yet ill wait for reviews etc it seems alot more cash for what it is doesnt it? We shall see?
I agree, it does seem unduly expensive for what seems only to be a Classic PowerKord terminated differently, yet costs £350. But then on Russ Andrews' web-site he claims "We initially tested the SuperKordT design against a Silver PowerKordT... and there was a huge step up in performance". If that is the case, who in their right mind would buy a Signature PowerKord at £360 or a Silver PowerKord at £1,250 when the SuperKord-SD at £350 is more effective/sounds better than either of them? Seems to me as if Russ is shooting himself in the foot!

Then of course there're more new SuperKords to follow: "Over the coming months we will be introducing the SuperKord Reference-SDT based on our existing Reference PowerKordT and the SuperKord Signature-SDT based on the existing Signature PowerKordT.". As you say Jase, we'll have to wait for the reviews...

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
wireman:
Sounds like a good plan Jase. You'll let us all know the difference(s) DCT makes, won't you?

jase fox:As for the superkord? mmmm not sure as yet ill wait for reviews etc it seems alot more cash for what it is doesnt it? We shall see?
I agree, it does seem unduly expensive for what seems only to be a Classic PowerKord terminated differently, yet costs £350. But then on Russ Andrews' web-site he claims "We initially tested the SuperKordT design against a Silver PowerKordT... and there was a huge step up in performance". If that is the case, who in their right mind would buy a Signature PowerKord at £360 or a Silver PowerKord at £1,250 when the SuperKord-SD at £350 is more effective/sounds better than either of them? Seems to me as if Russ is shooting himself in the foot!

Then of course there're more new SuperKords to follow: "Over the coming months we will be introducing the SuperKord Reference-SDT based on our existing Reference PowerKordT and the SuperKord Signature-SDT based on the existing Signature PowerKordT.". As you say Jase, we'll have to wait for the reviews...

He'll add the new 'mechanical damping' and 'sawyers discs' to the whole range obviously. Though clearly no one will now buy the standard silvers (I would imagine very few would anyways!)

A

Anonymous

jase fox:Merry xmas to you Wireman !

Yes, thats one of my main reasons as to why i want the DCT treated classic so i can compare the differences between them & was wanting to add a classic to my plasma anyway so this is a great opportunity to do so mate.

As for the superkord? mmmm not sure as yet ill wait for reviews etc it seems alot more cash for what it is doesnt it? We shall see?dct will be handy if you choose to hammer your speaker wire through the wall as dct is used to harden metal

A

Anonymous

jase fox:I recieved the Russ Andrews January Sale booklet and there selling the Classic powerkord with Wattgate 320i IEC and DCT treated for £76.50 ! (1m lengh) Great value. So if your on the market for a new powerkord you wont go far wrong with this especially at this price. Its a superb performer !

Which piece of your equipment are you using a powercord on Jase?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
wireman:

Exactly Wireman, its as you say its just a classic with a different termination but yet costs an extra £240!! hows that work? ha But? whos knows it could be a great cable? But i dont think ill be investing as the original classic powerkord is still tops.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:
jase fox:I recieved the Russ Andrews January Sale booklet and there selling the Classic powerkord with Wattgate 320i IEC and DCT treated for £76.50 ! (1m lengh) Great value. So if your on the market for a new powerkord you wont go far wrong with this especially at this price. Its a superb performer !

Which piece of your equipment are you using a powercord on Jase?
Im using powerkords on my bluray player, CDP, Amplifier, Plasma etc with great results lesmor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts