Running sky and freesat the same time

Dan.m

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
With new freesat TV's from panasonic on the horizon, will it be possible to split the satellite cable (RG6) that comes out of the wall to feed a source into the sky box and to feed another source into the freesat TV AND MAINTAIN THE HD SIGNAL. I assume they will be set up as different inputs on the TV menu. Or is there a way of piggy backing the two using a range of interconnects. Ultimately i want to have sky but watch HD on freesat for FREE!! If sky dropped their £10 charge this would be irrelevant!!!

daveh75

you can get an a/b switch to split the feed, then you would switch between the two, like this, (the one that says 38013 a/b switch about half way down page) but if you wanted to use both freesat and sky at once, say watching something on freesat and recording 2 progs on sky, the only easy way round it would be to run another feed from a spare port on the lnb (if you have one) to the freesat, which is what i'd reconmend eitherway tbh, its less hassle than messing obout with a/b switchs and the like

A

Anonymous

you put a twin LNB on the end ot the dish and run two cables - one to sky box and one to Freesat. You can get quad LNBs for four feeds. This is the way you would get sky/freesat into multiple rooms. You don't need to flick any switches once the cables are in.

Job done.

TRENDING THREADS