Ruchi Bhargava why do you spam the hifi forum with how to threads?

D

Deleted member 188533

Moderator from another Future forum ( Tom's Hardware ) here. He/she is a paid contractor tasked with adding content. It even happens on huge forums like Tom's and being this forum doesn't have much traffic yet after the relaunch the 'tutorials' tend to stand out and not get lost in all the other activity. Hope that helped. :)

Reactions: gasolin

Samd

Ruchi Bhargava why do you spam the hifi forum with your how to threads?

I thought you only made 4 how to threads but you made more than 25 thread how to, why do you spam the hifi forum ?

Do you think we all are novice into hifi ? (stupid)

View attachment 741View attachment 742

Just put him on your 'ignore' list -I haven't seen him for days now!!

D

Deleted member 188533

It's very doubtful you'd ever get a reply since he/she is just a paid content creator. Trust me when I say you're preaching to the choir in regards to the quality of said content. We ( the moderation team ) never liked it at Tom's Hardware either and it disappears into the background pretty quickly over there in the thousands of posts a day.

Gray

Moderator from another Future forum ( Tom's Hardware ) here. He/she is a paid contractor tasked with adding content. It even happens on huge forums like Tom's and being this forum doesn't have much traffic yet after the relaunch the 'tutorials' tend to stand out and not get lost in all the other activity. Hope that helped. :)
Traffic is low. The majority of the original forum members have not returned.
It may well be that they saw all those tutorials (from the 'well-known member' Ruchi Bhargava) and decided not to stay.
We understand they're there to make things look busy, but they could be doing more harm than good.
I've just read that he actually gets paid for that content!
Take my advice. Lose him fast Future, or lose a few more of your genuine well-known members.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

I do like it here more than the temporary accommodation elsewhere but this guy is starting to p*ss me off. I now visit both sites equally but don't have much to say on either. I think most of the experienced guys are staying on Wam because of how we were treated when the old site closed its doors, but it's good to see some old faces again on here :)

'ere Gray how come you've got a smiley trophy... I want one of dem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Gray - this type of posting is only going to put people off or drive people away - I’ve been checking the forum less and less as whenever I *** on it’s just a list of “how to” threads. Of course the forum will be a little quiet initially, you have to get people interacting or starting their own threads for them to feel comfortable using it.

D

Deleted member 108165

David has got a smiley too! :( Where's mine?

I like the way these trophies are displayed I've got a I, II, III, V, what happened to IV?

Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 108165

They really should set aside another sub-section in each forum to accommodate this guy and call it The How To Guides.

Reactions: insider9 and davidf
D

Deleted member 188533

One good thing about Xenforo is the ability to mute users. As Samd said above you can just ignore those posts.

I'm new to these forums but I've been on Tom's since 2009 and been a mod there since 2013 so I have a pretty good rapport with the ( now Future ) community team.

Me there:

If any of you long time users have any concerns or suggestions I'd be glad to pass them on to where they'd at least be heard. I can tell you from experience that the paid contractor posting isn't going away. That same poster ( 99% sure it's a she ) posted a bunch of the same quality stuff on Tom's earlier this year. We were about as excited by it as you guys seem to be.

Gray

I'm new to these forums

If any of you long time users have any concerns or suggestions I'd be glad to pass them on to where they'd at least be heard.
This forum historically had many members, including ex BBC technical staff, manufacturer reps, dealers and, of course loads of experienced enthusiasts.
They had one thing in common. They were happy to freely pass on their useful knowledge to other forum users.
I regard the fact that someone is actually being paid to write these 'tutorials' as an insult to all of those people.
True, I can do what others have done and just block so that I don't have to see them, but that's not the point.
If Future value this forum they will remove all such paid-for posts, because those old members that are yet to return will not stand for such patronising insults.

jsimenhoff

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We will make sure to improve the quality of our tutorials going forward. This initial batch of work is known as seed content. It's meant to provide a foundation to grow from and highlight this feature of the forums to new and old forum members. I think it did the trick, although in an unfortunately rather negative light :sweatsmile:

Now that you know this exists, I urge all of you to please contribute! It's very difficult finding writers with this type of expertise. To have your thread/how to/guide featured all you need to do is apply the "tutorial" tag. If you want to share some great guides with the community we're all for it. Now's your chance to get in at the ground floor so to speak, while the forum is still "new". With your help we can form a solid base to grow from in the years to come.

I understand that some of you felt the content was a bit simplistic and basic. This was intended. While you may all be hi-fi experts, not all of us are. We created these topics after consulting with the editorial team, and setting a goal to get fresh blood in the community. While we intend to destroy the competition (no need to name them ;) ) with the weight of our knowledge and expertise, it is important to create an environment that is welcoming to those new to the world of hi-fi. I know for myself, it wasn't exactly easy figuring out how to integrate my record player with my home theater system. I must have gone to 10 different sites cobbling together bits and pieces from various guides, trying to figure out if I had sufficient power in my receiver, how to find speakers with/at (?) the correct impedance, how to hook up the pre-amp, and so on and so forth. This experience was the driving force behind this last batch of tutorial creations. We really wanted to create a centralized place for beginner hi-fi tutorials, a place where some one like me could have just gone to and had all my questions answered. This was our primary directive.

What we want to avoid at all costs is any errors in the information provided. Some of you mentioned that some of the content we posted is just plain wrong. Can you please PM me any instances of this? I did go through it myself, but again I am no expert. If you can help us improve these tutorials the whole team would be very grateful.

- Josh

Reactions: inias
D

Deleted member 108165

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We will make sure to improve the quality of our tutorials going forward. This initial batch of work is known as seed content. It's meant to provide a foundation to grow from and highlight this feature of the forums to new and old forum members. I think it did the trick, although in an unfortunately rather negative light :sweatsmile:

Now that you know this exists, I urge all of you to please contribute! It's very difficult finding writers with this type of expertise. To have your thread/how to/guide featured all you need to do is apply the "tutorial" tag. If you want to share some great guides with the community we're all for it. Now's your chance to get in at the ground floor so to speak, while the forum is still "new". With your help we can form a solid base to grow from in the years to come.

I understand that some of you felt the content was a bit simplistic and basic. This was intended. While you may all be hi-fi experts, not all of us are. We created these topics after consulting with the editorial team, and setting a goal to get fresh blood in the community. While we intend to destroy the competition (no need to name them ;) ) with the weight of our knowledge and expertise, it is important to create an environment that is welcoming to those new to the world of hi-fi. I know for myself, it wasn't exactly easy figuring out how to integrate my record player with my home theater system. I must have gone to 10 different sites cobbling together bits and pieces from various guides, trying to figure out if I had sufficient power in my receiver, how to find speakers with/at (?) the correct impedance, how to hook up the pre-amp, and so on and so forth. This experience was the driving force behind this last batch of tutorial creations. We really wanted to create a centralized place for beginner hi-fi tutorials, a place where some one like me could have just gone to and had all my questions answered. This was our primary directive.

What we want to avoid at all costs is any errors in the information provided. Some of you mentioned that some of the content we posted is just plain wrong. Can you please PM me any instances of this? I did go through it myself, but again I am no expert. If you can help us improve these tutorials the whole team would be very grateful.

- Josh
No problem with any of this but can you put the posts in a sub-section of the forum listing of "How To" guides and make them sticky, instead of them being dispersed amongst the general posts. This would help the newbies and oldies alike as the guides would be in a clear and distinct section. The way they are placed in the main forum at present they will eventually become history and unseen by all. Hell I may have need of them in the future and won't know where to find them. Just my 2p's worth :beercheers:

Reactions: inias
D

Deleted member 108165

Right Doug. Have you got that smiley yet? I like all your comments 😂

By the way Tom's Hardware is a good forum. I've not been there for years though.
I've now got a smiley!!!! :p Eat my dust :LOL:

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Hey all,

- Josh

Josh,

The problem here is that these tutorials aren't really for beginners, either. I regard it as a scattered mess of tidbits covering a too-broad range of topics, written by someone that clearly doesn't understand what they're writing about. I honestly think trying to repair the articles would be a slow and painful process - it would be better to do them again from scratch. I also don't think it should be up to the forum members to do quality control on what Ruchi is churning out.

The fact that Future is paying for this stuff is bewildering to me.

I actually sent an email to someone at Future, but perhaps it didn't get through to the right person. Simple proposal: I'd like to write some guides for you. I've been into HiFi for a decade, been running my own live sound and recording business for half that, have a Physics degree, and have written a few articles for Live Sound International Magazine, a couple of which had people from around the world getting in touch with me personally to ask for more thoughts/details/info.
I'd be happy to write the first guide (topic of your choosing, so long as it's roughly to do with HiFi) for free and if both the community here and Future consider it a valuable contribution, I'd like to turn it towards paid work.

If you're paying to have this done, you might as well have it done well.

Chris

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

It does appear that very few members are contributing on here sadly. A lot of members haven’t comeback since the forum closed for a year. Only some it seems got emails about it, but to be honest a lot of them weren’t WHF readers anyway I did like posting on WHF Facebook page perhaps I will just do that instead. It appears I am talking to myself half of the time! :)

Reactions: Fred_Barker
D

Deleted member 2457

I don’t like this guys posts too I just ignore them all after reading one I did like the WHF contribution and still do like it with all their posts I don’t mind it clotting up the forum just good to see them contributing again. I am certainly not here just for the forum I like the WHF bits too and To be honest there isn’t much a forum anymore too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey all,

- Josh
Hi Josh, didn’t read this before! Great. Is my contribution a pain or is it okay reading some offer forum members posts to me.

Reactions: scene

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts