RSW12 First thoughts

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I am getting a RSW12 as most of you know and I cant wait, its arriving tomorrow.

Is there a good way or best way of breaking it in, and I dont really want to buy the de-tox CD.

And yes I am a firm beliver in breaking in as I feel they sound so much better.

Nice 1

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
canada16:
Hey

I am getting a RSW12 as most of you know and I cant wait, its arriving tomorrow.

Is there a good way or best way of breaking it in, and I dont really want to buy the de-tox CD.

And yes I am a firm beliver in breaking in as I feel they sound so much better.

Nice 1

Just use it as normal and if you get an improvement in weeks to come, enjoy the process. I look forward to hearing your views though. I watched Cloudy With The Chance Of Meatballs with the kids last night and we cranked it up for some thunderous sounds - they love it as much as me!!

A

Anonymous

The wife has just told me it arrived today, I cant wait, work is going to take so so long now.

SMC Custom instals were amazing they went back to the office and get reference numbers as it was supposed to be here yesterday, but parcel force messed.

A

Anonymous

Ok its heavy as an elephant that just ate a peanut factory and the quality is amazing.

I got to say, I am not getting the most of it, becuase I cant put it in an ideal location as my todlers will play with it so it has to go beside the sofa on the back wall.
emotion-9.gif

But I can tell its going to pound.

I put on some rap and listened to a bit of max payne and when gun shots flew out the sofa almost lifted.

I also need to break it in, as my R370HD was not that great at first, but after a week, it shook the house.

Also I feel that the RSW12 is making deep sounds, and its like its no effort, its not trying to create bass, it just is.

I did notice a faint electrical humming noise from it, not sure if this is normal, but I got to put my ear over the sofa to notice it, so not a bit deal.

A

Anonymous

canada16:

Ok its heavy as an elephant that just ate a peanut factory and the quality is amazing.

I got to say, I am not getting the most of it, becuase I cant put it in an ideal location as my todlers will play with it so it has to go beside the sofa on the back wall.
emotion-9.gif

But I can tell its going to pound.

I put on some rap and listened to a bit of max payne and when gun shots flew out the sofa almost lifted.

I also need to break it in, as my R370HD was not that great at first, but after a week, it shook the house.

Also I feel that the RSW12 is making deep sounds, and its like its no effort, its not trying to create bass, it just is.

I did notice a faint electrical humming noise from it, not sure if this is normal, but I got to put my ear over the sofa to notice it, so not a bit deal.

Been looking forward to see what you thought as you had your last sub for such a short period of time

Glad first impressions are favourable

The electrical hum could be caused by your mains cable and sub cable causing a loop , try some seperation

Looking forward to some updates

A

Anonymous

I am pretty dumb eh!

Who buys a R370HD then sells it for a loss, only 2 months later. I hate ebay and their fees.

I am deff keeping the RSW12, Was watching Spiderwick chronicles with the girls and the bass that was coming from it was amazing, but you can tell its not broken in as it still seems weak.

A

Anonymous

canada16:

I am pretty dumb eh!

Who buys a R370HD then sells it for a loss, only 2 months later. I hate ebay and their fees.

I am deff keeping the RSW12, Was watching Spiderwick chronicles with the girls and the bass that was coming from it was amazing, but you can tell its not broken in as it still seems weak.

Hey Canada , not at all you were bitten by the bug , thats what happens

Did the same myself bought a BW PV1 sold it 3 mnth later at a massive loss , it happens

In the same situation with my Z7 . now a want a Z11

Will end up happening time and again

A

Anonymous

If your in the habit of making a massive lose, I will take the Z7 off your hands for 300.00
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

canada16:If your in the habit of making a massive lose, I will take the Z7 off your hands for 300.00
emotion-2.gif

I'll get back to you on that, needs some serious consideration

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
canada16:
I am pretty dumb eh!

What is your crossover setting for the sub?

A

Anonymous

Hey

I use the phase on my amp instead of the Sub, and have it at 80hz, was told that was in between and what THX recomends.

I have one cable going out from amp to the in (R) in the input as well.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
canada16:
Hey

I use the phase on my amp instead of the Sub, and have it at 80hz, was told that was in between and what THX recomends.

I have one cable going out from amp to the in (R) in the input as well.

Try setting your speakers to small in your receiver's settings and set the crossover at 100hz for all your speakers.

A

Anonymous

Yeh I always have the 9.1's in small.

Its starting to come to life with every show I watch.

Was just watching house and the opening song is quite basey and really shook, so confident in a weeks time, this this is going to rock when the pacific is on... I cant wait,

I might take some speed and watch all of band of brothers and all of the pacific in one night...
emotion-5.gif
LOL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts