Dec 11, 2021
Visit site
RECIVA INTERNET RADIO, IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THIS SERVICE? I AM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR RESPONSE THAT IT NO LONGER WORKS AND THEY ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION SINCE JULY. MY ROTEL RT - 12 COST £650 AND IT IS NOW NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

Gray

RECIVA INTERNET RADIO, IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THIS SERVICE? I AM NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR RESPONSE THAT IT NO LONGER WORKS AND THEY ARE WORKING ON A SOLUTION SINCE JULY. MY ROTEL RT - 12 COST £650 AND IT IS NOW NOT WORKING PROPERLY.
Sorry Kevin, but you can't rely on any such stuff to be permanent.
Maybe they'll sort it out, but don't bank on it.

Reactions: Al ears

rainsoothe

Hello. Your Rotel is working just fine, Reciva shut down at some point this year. Here's an article about it and some possible workarounds (probably outdated, though). Goodluck.

Reactions: Gray and Al ears

Gray

An unfortunate example of having all your eggs in one basket?
Certainly is.
Just look at the first sentence of that article....'a large portion of web radios on the market' effectively rendered 'useless'.
That's modern tech / progress for you.
OK, the savvy have come up with a 'workaround', but look at it.
How many normal, non-geeky people have the necessary ability....and why should they need to work around anything anyway?
Diabolical state of affairs.

rainsoothe

Certainly is.
Just look at the first sentence of that article....'a large portion of web radios on the market' effectively rendered 'useless'.
How many normal, non-geeky people have the necessary ability....and why should they need to work around anything anyway?
Not necessarily diabolical, probably they couldn't make it worth to maintain it. Usually, the bad stuff happens 'cause of context or incompetence :)

Certainly is.
I agree. What can be done though in these days of modern consumerism

Reactions: Gray
Not necessarily diabolical, probably they couldn't make it worth to maintain it. Usually, the bad stuff happens 'cause of context or incompetence :)
That's an odd thing to say, the failure of third party software has nothing to do with the hardware manufacturers that decide to implement it into their system.
Many manufacturers do this because they don't have the finance or experience to develop their own delivery system.
As always it appears to be buyer beware.

rainsoothe

That's an odd thing to say, the failure of third party software has nothing to do with the hardware manufacturers that decide to implement it into their system.
Many manufacturers do this because they don't have the finance or experience to develop their own delivery system.
As always it appears to be buyer beware.
Ya, something got lost in translation, i wasn't putting the blame on anyone. I was talking in general, that it's one of the two things - context or incompetence. "Diabolical" assumes premeditation, and I think that's not the case.

Gray

"Diabolical" assumes premeditation, and I think that's not the case.
You're right, there's no premeditation. Nobody would set out to fail and disappoint consumers.
Consumers that had bought products in good faith....left high and dry.
People can tell me that's the way of the world.
Call it what you like, I say it's a diabolical situation for them to be left in (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts