Rotel RCX1500 All In One Unit

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
For those interested here is a link to a review of the Rotel RCX1500 all in one unit:

Or rather here isn't: please read the House Rules – MODS

bufes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

thanks for the link, I read it with interest - I'm currently looking for a CD/FM/AMP components at that price and have it all in one box seems a tempting compromise.

On the other hand, how could anyone spend that kind of money and have LAN cable connected to the front panel USB port through a dongle is beyond my imagination. So for me, no-go.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe the front connection is for an IPod or USB stick, the dongle and LAN connection are on the rear. I have downloaded the PDF manual giving this info from an internet site but cannot remember which one, but if you search long enough you will find it eventually.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Coll said:
For those interested here is a link to a review of the Rotel RCX1500 all in one unit:

Or rather here isn't: please read the House Rules – MODS
Sorry did not realise this was not allowed as I have seen many links on other forum matters

bufes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
As a recent owner of this unit, I will not dare to judge its sound qualities (yet), I'm overall satisfied, but will mention few issues:

1.) There is no ChannelUp/ChannelDown button for your preset radiostations. You have to type 2-digits preset number to have it switch to your desired radio station, or you can push Queue button to display a list of them (display shows only 4) and then scroll through to the one you want.

2.) NTFS filesystem is not supported for the external USB drive, only FAT32. This is not advertised/documented, so you only find out when you try. I asked their support to have this published on their web and in the product manuals.

3.) Unit does not have enough power for an external usb drive - at least not for mine (IceBox Portable 320GB - 2,5inch size).

4.) Unit starts VERY slowly - it takes >25 secs for it to start playing FM radio or a CD disc.

EDIT: 5.) The initial volume level is always the same and it's not possible to change it, so I have to turn it down all the time I start it

bufes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Took me few days to find out, but anyways:

4.) and 5.) not being real issues - you can set quick start and initial volume level in configuration settings.

My bad. :oops:

bufes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I think I will keep on posting here my experiences with the unit, it may help those considering it.

6.) Trying connect to a Wifi (hidden ESSID, WPA/TKIP) - I entered the network name manually, then it prompted me for a wpa password, but the unit stopped to respond to up/down arrows at that time - so it's not possible to enter the password.

Actually, up/down arrows on the remote start to function as a manual tuning, because I'm in the FM radio mode, that's why I cannot select letters for the password. So I switched to Network mode, repeat - voila! This time I'm able to set the password. USB dongle starts to flash... and times out - no wifi connection possible :(

7.) When connected through LAN cable (luckily that works), trying to upgrade firmware from internet, the unit gets stuck in 'Checking for firmware updates' and never seem to stop. I let this run throughout the night, just in case, no use.

8.) Trying to register warranty in http://www.rotel.com/UK/WarrantyRegistration.htm - getting '500 - Internal Server Error' for many days now

I just wonder how does one get ANY support from this company. The only email contact is uksales@bwgroup.com, but they don't reply back. Do I really have to call UK phone number to get help?

My experience so far is not on par with money I paid.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Bufes

Rotel has been in touch with us and would like to help you. Can you email us at whathifi@haymarket.com[/b] with your contact details (email/phone no etc) and I'll pass them on.

bufes

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Andy,

by strange coincidence, there was an outage in my internet provider this morning, that was why the wifi connection did not succeed. So now that's cleared out and I guess the only big issue that remains is how can a customer register a problem to Rotel support through web.

I'm going to write an email (as you kindly offered) about this and other small issues I'm still having.

I appreciate your help,

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Hi!

Although this is an old topic I would like to ask for help.

I have recently bought Rotel RCX-1500 and installed Rotel Remote 1.1.0 App on my iPhone.

When I start the App it correctly finds my Rotel on a certain IP, but then won't go any further.

I have updated my firmware on the Rotel on the latest available.

Can someone help me out with that?

Thanks!
Andrej

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts