ROTEL RA05,RA04SE, RA06SE,RA1520

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Want Buy an Rotel Amplifier for my Monitor Audio Bronze BR5,

WHF REVIEW:

1. ROTEL RA05(Not SE):Basslines delve deep while remaining tight, while treble is clear, open and full of sparkle, without ever sounding bright or brash. Listen to any of the choral works on Eric Whitacre’s Cloudburst album, and the Rotel shows off its expertly balanced tonal range.

2.ROTEL RA04SE: Treble can show its claws on occasion,If partnered with equally brisk and attacking sources, or similarly inclined loudspeakers, the Rotel’s breezy high frequencies begin to glint as dangerously as broken glass in the sand.

3.ROTEL RA06SE: Fluid, driving sound; admirable specification, against:Can’t deliver the full details; relatively thick and monotonal at the low end.

4.ROTEL RA1520: Good-looking, amply specified device; spirited, expansive sound with detail to spare, In another review said:

Low Points
• While this amplifier's ability to reproduce the mid-range and high-end audio frequencies of any audio CD or cassette was done extremely well, I was disappointed with the dispersion quality of the low-end on too many occasions.

• If you happen to own speakers that already possess an outstanding ability to deliver very bright audio, you might want to pass on purchasing this amplifier, as it might bring too much brightness to your overall listening experience.

Wich ones should i choose? I can't demo 'cause no hi fi shop near my place..I live in Borneo,indonesia so far away from Jakarta. So please give me an advise, Thank you very much.

A

Anonymous

if price is not a problem, then the reviews indicate 1520 is the best. if price is important, WHF review indicate RA04 (no remote) is even better than RA05, probably due to less signal path in the absence of a remote.

there is another relatively new thread in WHF suggesting 15 series is best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts