Rotel RA-1592 amplifier

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experience with the new Rotel RA-1592 amplifier?

I am thinking of selling my Naim UnitiLite, which i like a lot. The reason is i want a more powerful amplifier to be able to use a wider range of compact speakers.

The first reviews are very positive, but i am interested to know how it compares to the Denon PMA-2500NE, Yamaha A-S2100 or Marantz PM-14S1SE? These 4 amplifiers have the same price here in Belgium, but the possibilities are different.

Regret I've no personal experience of these either, but they are very much in a similar vein of heavyweight integrateds, that offer modern and retro features alike. I've had an eye on each as a possible successor to my ageing Krell KAV-300i. I'd also look at Luxman, Accuphase, Electrocompaniet and Densen, who all have serious models at this price band and (sadly!) higher still.

The type of dealer who supplies these beasts should be willing to offer a home dem or return period. Good luck.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
The Rotel just got a very positive review in hi-finews. The verdict ends with "it represents pretty outrageous value for money".

According to other (all very positive) reviews the dac in the Rotel is also very good.

Tomorrow i will try to listen to the RA-1592.

ErwinC said:
The Rotel just got a very positive review in hi-finews. The verdict ends with "it represents pretty outrageous value for money".

According to other (all very positive) reviews the dac in the Rotel is also very good.

Tomorrow i will try to listen to the RA-1592.
Indeed, I read that and it is hugely powerful. They recently tested the Denon too, and its partnering SACD player.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
Indeed, I read that and it is hugely powerful. They recently tested the Denon too, and its partnering SACD player.

The Denon and Rotel are very similar in features and in Belgium they have the same price. It is a pitty that the Denon is not available in black.

Was the review of the Denon also very positive?

In the German magazine "Stereo" the Denon and Rotel got the same rating.

Denon scored 86%, 300 watts into 4ohms dynamic power, 125w into 8 ohms continuous.

Rotel scored 85%, 605 watts and 265w respectively. So the Rotel is harder hitting, but whether you'd really notice in practice....

Both cost £1899 here! The Denon weighs 25kg whereas the Rotel is 17kg. Both look like amazing value to me! I think the matching player might tip me towards the Denon, but like you I'd prefer black.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
Denon scored 86%, 300 watts into 4ohms dynamic power, 125w into 8 ohms continuous.

Rotel scored 85%, 605 watts and 265w respectively. So the Rotel is harder hitting, but whether you'd really notice in practice....

Thanks for the information. As a brand, i prefer Denon. But i don't like the gold finish and size of the Denon. The Rotel is more elegant looking imo although the blue lights of the Rotel are probably distracting.

Both are indeed great vfm imo.

The price in Belgium is 2499 Euro.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts