Rotel ra 1520 upgrade from musical fidelity a200?

Bebeboy said:
Am I going the right path? Or is the upgrade sideways?

What improvements would I benefit?

Tricky... they're two different animals. I had the MF A300 on home dem and wasn't impressed by the presentation; it sounded too muddy (almost strangulated), despite having a shed-load of power.

Rotel is the polar opposite: Very open, clean, detailed and quite bright, so speaker and/or source matching is essential. You really need to hear the two side-by-side.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Be careful that you are not changing just for the sake of it......and to the polar opposite in terms of presentation.

IMO You should be looking at the likes of Sugden, or Hybrids like Unison Research or Pathos.

CnoEvil said:
Be careful that you are not changing just for the sake of it......and to the polar opposite in terms of presentation.

IMO You should be looking at the likes of Sugden, or Hybrids like Unison Research or Pathos.

This is why I made the speaker and source matching crystal clear. Think the OP needs to hear the two in a proper dem and they can decide whether the Rotel sound appeals or not.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
This is why I made the speaker and source matching crystal clear. Think the OP needs to hear the two in a proper dem and they can decide whether the Rotel sound appeals or not.

PP, you are a wise old (flightless) bird!

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:

PP, you are a wise old (flightless) bird!

Oi! less of the old. ;)

Personally I'd be looking at a half-way house (conservative compromise), depending on the type of speakers the OP has: Arcam, Creek Evo2, Roksan Kandy K2, Primare I21...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Oi! less of the old. ;)

Personally I'd be looking at a half-way house (conservative compromise), depending on the type of speakers the OP has: Arcam, Creek Evo2, Roksan Kandy K2, Primare I21...

Possibly, though it is Class A.

Ps. You are old! :shifty:

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:
Nah, youthfully mature....

....like a nice cheddar cheese! 8)

6920412290_04fd2230aa_m.jpg

Bebeboy

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks mates, my current speakers are monitor audio bronze br5, chord company silverscreen speaker cables, chord crimson plus interconnects. my cd player is a denon 1650AL.

Personally I don't rate Rotel/MA combo. Had the RA-06 on home dem and the combo, although detailed and fast, just didn't hang together right - lacked something that would give it a 'yes' factor.

As previously mentioned you need to hear the two together and decide.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Bebeboy said:
thanks mates, my current speakers are monitor audio bronze br5, chord company silverscreen speaker cables, chord crimson plus interconnects. my cd player is a denon 1650AL.

If it was me I wouldn't change for the Rotel......but it isn't me. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts