Hello,

I'm new on hifi, so I would be grateful if you could help me a bit.

some time ago I decided to build a hifi equipment by steps, based on a limited budget. So, two years ago I bought a Rotel RA-11 amplifier. My idea was to buy, later, a CD (or SACD) player, but now I'm more in the option of a NAS, so I started looking in the internet and learned something about NAS, DACs and so on.

It seems that my Rotel RA11 has a built-in DAC and it has digital imputs (not USB-B, but USB-A) as well as a Bluetooth connection.

Now the questions:

- are there NAS with coaxial/optical putputs in order to connect it directly to my Rotel?

- anybody knows if the DAC of my amp is good enough to reproduce good sound quality? Or should I need to put a good DAC between the NAS and the amp?

- is there a NAS that streams music via Bluetooth? Can a Bluetooth connection affect the sound quality of a lossless file?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Guillermo

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
You plug a NAS into your router and then stream it wirelessly over your network.

Something like this could help

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-Wireless-Receiver-wireless-streaming/dp/B00O0U37HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479574317&sr=8-1&keywords=neet+dnla

It has the normal RCA cables output and a digital optical output. Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts