Rotel Ra-04SE or Marants PM7001 for KEF Q300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hai I recently bought KEF Q300. I connected to my Denon AVR1911 for stereo music it was not nice to hear. But when I auditioned the speakers it sounded very good. Then I checked with the dealer they said for pure stereo music I should use an integrated stereo amp or pre amp and power amp combination. Then I checked the reviews of many integrated amps. I found Rotel Ra-04SE and Marants PM7001. Which one I should buy? and what is the price? will Rotel RA-04SE's 40w match KEF Q300?ThanksHai I recently bought KEF Q300. I connected to my Denon AVR1911 for stereo music it was not nice to hear. But when I auditioned the speakers it sounded very good. Then I checked with the dealer they said for pure stereo music I should use an integrated stereo amp or pre amp and power amp combination. Then I checked the reviews of many integrated amps. I found Rotel Ra-04SE and Marants PM7001. Which one I should buy? and what is the price? will Rotel RA-04SE's 40w match KEF Q300?
Thanks

saronoelle said:
Hai I recently bought KEF Q300. I connected to my Denon AVR1911 for stereo music it was not nice to hear. But when I auditioned the speakers it sounded very good. Then I checked with the dealer they said for pure stereo music I should use an integrated stereo amp or pre amp and power amp combination. Then I checked the reviews of many integrated amps. I found Rotel Ra-04SE and Marants PM7001. Which one I should buy? and what is the price? will Rotel RA-04SE's 40w match KEF Q300?Thanks
Hai I recently bought KEF Q300. I connected to my Denon AVR1911 for stereo music it was not nice to hear. But when I auditioned the speakers it sounded very good. Then I checked with the dealer they said for pure stereo music I should use an integrated stereo amp or pre amp and power amp combination. Then I checked the reviews of many integrated amps. I found Rotel Ra-04SE and Marants PM7001. Which one I should buy? and what is the price? will Rotel RA-04SE's 40w match KEF Q300?
Thanks

Hi saronoelle

For around £300 i'll suggest that you should also look at the NAD C326BEE as its quality of power, tonal balance and overall performance enables the C326BEE to very well the Q300's :) If your budget allows then rega's superb new Brio R amplifier is also worth serious consideration :grin: The Brio R rocks with Q300's :rockout:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well we all know the Q300's are one of the best sub £500 speakers around, so it's obviously the AV receiver letting things down. AV receivers are designed to be a jack of all trades, and audio quality usually has to fit in with the budget. Having said that, they are improving nowadays, and are now better than they have ever been.

While the Rotel amplifiers will do a fine job (my favourite budget amplifiers for almost any situation), the synergy of the KEF Q series and Marantz amplification can't be ignored. Make sure tha amp is warmed up, give the speakers a little space behind, and they're one of the most transparent sounding loudspeakers this side of £1k. They're a nice easy load too :)

emptage

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Well we all know the Q300's are one of the best sub £500 speakers around, so it's obviously the AV receiver letting things down. AV receivers are designed to be a jack of all trades, and audio quality usually has to fit in with the budget. Having said that, they are improving nowadays, and are now better than they have ever been. While the Rotel amplifiers will do a fine job (my favourite budget amplifiers for almost any situation), the synergy of the KEF Q series and Marantz amplification can't be ignored. Make sure tha amp is warmed up, give the speakers a little space behind, and they're one of the most transparent sounding loudspeakers this side of £1k. They're a nice easy load too :)

How much space to the back and side do they need.?

Will the KEFQ300 work well with the Brio 3?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Q300's work amazingly well with the Brio R (probably one of the best matches we've found so far), and because of their easy load nature, I don't see any issues being used with the Brio 3 at all. The Q series is probably one of the best alternatives to Rega's own speakers.

How much space they will need will be room dependent. My Q300's worked well about 4-5" from a solid wall - in some rooms, that might be a foot or more. Stud/partition walls are more absorbing, and you'll be able to place them close without issue. Solid walls tend to reflect bass energy back into the room.

If they have to go close to side walls, you can toe them in a bit, so that there's less reflection off the side wall. Ideally though, I'd say about a foot from the side walls is ideal, maybe a little more if you can manage it. If the room is well furnished, it my not be an issue anyway.

emptage

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
The Q300's work amazingly well with the Brio R (probably one of the best matches we've found so far), and because of their easy load nature, I don't see any issues being used with the Brio 3 at all. The Q series is probably one of the best alternatives to Rega's own speakers. How much space they will need will be room dependent. My Q300's worked well about 4-5" from a solid wall - in some rooms, that might be a foot or more. Stud/partition walls are more absorbing, and you'll be able to place them close without issue. Solid walls tend to reflect bass energy back into the room. If they have to go close to side walls, you can toe them in a bit, so that there's less reflection off the side wall. Ideally though, I'd say about a foot from the side walls is ideal, maybe a little more if you can manage it. If the room is well furnished, it my not be an issue anyway.

Thanks, just the reply I was hoping for

jalaba

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
my Rotel RA04SE sounds excellent on Monitor Audio BR5 (floorstanders) too. Just have the right source (cdp, turntable) :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts