Rotel RA-04

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I have recently purchased a RA-04 and after a few weeks have discovered what I would call an imbalance in audio levels between left and right channel speaker outputs. This occurs at low volumes only; when played the volume is moved to higher volumes the sound 'shifts' into central focus from the right side I have moved cables around and explored all possibilities and it appears that it is definitely the speaker outputs (A & B). I was just wondering whether anyone had experienced similar problems, and if this was normal with this type of amp? I am taking the amp back to the shop, but was just interested in whether this was a common problem. If it is there is little point in just swapping for another RA-04. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

A

Anonymous

Strange one that!! I have the Rotel to & am very happy with no probs like that? I would do what you say & take it back as I know Rotel are very good at taking things back .... I did indeed have to take my amp & cd player back ...cd player draw decided it wanted to stay open?? & amp had a wobble (metal bent on outer casing) both cases the dealer contacted Rotel & they was superb. Good luck

A

Anonymous

you could have a look at rothwell attenuators -

http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co.uk/html/attenuators.html

A

Anonymous

Hi Matt. I have the RA-04 And have the exact same problem! It is only at low volume and since I don't listen much at that level I never thought it to be a problem. I put it down to a characteristic of the amp.

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem with my RA-05 amp. Now I use -10dB attenuators and I am quite happy...But I think this shouldn't have happened at this price tag (we are not talking about 100-150 quid amps).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts