Rotel A11 Tribute & CD11 Tribute

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
About the earlier “proof” with Tribute 11 remotes, simply, if there’s an “A-B” button…

On my 3 player remotes, respectively, CD-7, SA7001KI, and Ruby ([because I set the photo resolution too low, then found the camera battery is now drained] blue X marks the A-B feature):
DSC05992.jpg

I did look into CD11 Tribute's Owners Manual, it confirmed Repeat A-B function is missing. And, interestingly, saw rivalling CD6007's remote, it has no A-B button…

Last edited:
Me too Wil.
For me they're predominantly instrumental segments. It's amazing how just a few seconds can make a track exceptional.

Interesting how we all enjoy things differently. To me, that's like having a great meal in front of you and just eating repeated deserts. Don't get me wrong, there are songs where there's little payoff apart from something genuinely good, but that's not what I want from music myself.

Tinman1952

Interesting how we all enjoy things differently. To me, that's like having a great meal in front of you and just eating repeated deserts. Don't get me wrong, there are songs where there's little payoff apart from something genuinely good, but that's not what I want from music myself.
Agreed. This is certainly not what the artist intended….! To me this is symptomatic of today’s generation with zero attention span, who won’t watch Youtube videos more than 5 minutes long and need instant gratification. Life is a journey not a race……

Gray

I doubt Gray would describe himself as belonging to 'today's generation'!
Gray doesn't belong to today's planet :alien:

If anything my attention span is too long. I don't just listen to the best bits - but on some tracks, I just have to repeat certain segments - more often than not, after the track has fully played.

Must admit I find the 2021 version of Virtual DJ fun. It's always had 'hot cues' and loops allowing you to punch in segments on the fly. But the latest version uses algorithms (rather than crude EQ) to isolate different 'stems' of the track.....try soloing or cutting different stems of music you know well.
(It's free to download).

Maybe Gray is part of today's generation (he hopes not).
Thinking about it......isn't everyone currently alive, part of today's generation?

Reactions: Wil and Tinman1952

Wil

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I challenge everyone to regard themselves as an artist, especially respecting one’s own choices in interpreting another’s.
This is certainly not what the artist intended….!
I trust many readers have been expose to “artists” who say ‘once their work is released, the audience can do with it as they please.’ Is this not the best attitude?

And this thought is worth pondering, I can (but seldom would) reply to musicians that ‘I don’t play-an-instrument per se except for my playing of Hi-Fi.'

Last edited:

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
A query on Rotel A10Mk2 vs A11Mk2 If i consider only the amplifier part and dont need multi digital inputs.Is the amp specs same in A10Mk2 and A11Mk2 ? Can this amp drive 4Ohm mission qx2mk2 and ophidian minimos speakers. Thanks.

A query on Rotel A10Mk2 vs A11Mk2 If i consider only the amplifier part and dont need multi digital inputs.Is the amp specs same in A10Mk2 and A11Mk2 ? Can this amp drive 4Ohm mission qx2mk2 and ophidian minimos speakers. Thanks.
This thread's not been touched for a couple of years, and your question is (I believe) different to the OP, so please start a new thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts