Rotel 1070 power amps, to bridge or not

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

a recent change of my av receiver has given me a spare power amp.

I was going to run my two 1070 amps in bridged mono mode for stereo, but have been reading that this can increase distortion.

I haven't tried it yet so not sure if quality will decrease by doing this ,i don't particularly need any more volume so would this be a backwards move ?

I could just try it i suppose but its a bit of game swapping every thing around.If any one has tried similar amps in normal and bridged mode i would be interested to hear of their experiences.

Speakers are ATCSCM 7 if that helps.

Cheers.

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing as my pre amp has two sets of outputs i can use one set of interconnects to one amp and speaker wire to the lower set of terminals on each speaker.

The other set of interconnects connected to the other amp and speaker wire to the top set of speaker terminals.

Hope this isn't my last question......BOOOOOOM

Hi vonchief

You are right.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Is it possible to connect both left outputs from my pre amp to one power amp and wire up one speaker, using the left + and- terminals of the power amp to the lower set of speaker terminals.The right set of power amp terminals running to the top set of speaker terminals.

I would then run both right outputs from the pre amp to the other power amp and wire up the right speaker the same way.

Or am i talking rubbish ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts