Room set up

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for any input given. My new room is almost done its dimensions are 15.5 feet long and 11.5 wide 9 ft ceilings. I dont think its quite wide enough for my Proac D28's but on the long wall with the speakers spread 7 feet with two feet from the back wall and my chair 1 foot back from the wall behind it might be the best, any suggestions with the weight of my Parasound gear and my Proac's I want to keep moving around to a minimum. I guess the first reflection would be the wall behind me? Not much for clap in that room either and thats without carpet so it will only improve.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
I think you can move the speakers even further from the wall behind them and your seat even further from the wall behind you, so that the distance between the speakers is between 0.8 to 1.0 times the distance to you.

The most important first reflection points to be treated are on the side wall just in front of each speaker which you should treat with either diffusors or absorbers. The locations can be found by using a mirror. The other first reflection points are on the ceiling and the floor which usually is not as important to treat, especially if you have a rug or carpet.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, having your seat one foot from the wall behind you will probably still result in a thickening of the bass.

A

Anonymous

Dear Mr Schmidt, have you been kicked out to make way for the twins' nursery by any chance?
emotion-4.gif

A nice rug (well some carpet first?) will help, and I find a nice high-backed leather sofa works for me.

My speakers are about 10" for the rear (but are closed units) and toed-in about 15 degrees - so that might help for minimal movement by toeing in a bit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts