Room 101

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
:rage::rage:
The menus and holding systems that many companies have when you call up - I don't wish to be directed to the website for GDPR purposes, nor do I care how much you tell me my call is important to you*. If it was, someone could answer it. (I ring when things are important for the same reason I sometimes use letters - emails etc don't seem to be treated with the same gravitas or urgency.)

* Had one the other day which said that my call was important, but no-one was free right now so I should call back later - after which it went dead. Can't tell you how important that made me feel!
What really gets up 'ooter is you wait ten minutes while they go through 30 different options:

"Press one for sheep walking. Press two for cat leads" blah blah blah...

At the end they say "press 10 to speak to an operator". You press 10 and a automated voice says, "sorry, no one is available to take your call. Please try again later."

😡 :rage:

Gray

:rage::rage:
What really gets up 'ooter is you wait ten minutes while they go through 30 different options
Infinitely worse for those of us not on call plans, forced into making the odd chargeable call.
What really gets me then, is a speedy pickup of the call .....only to be routed to many minutes of their internal ring tone - that I'm paying for.
I don't care how long before they answer the initial call - just wish they'd do it when they're ready to talk🤬

Reactions: WayneKerr
Infinitely worse for those of us not on call plans, forced into making the odd chargeable call.
What really gets me then, is a speedy pickup of the call .....only to be routed to many minutes of their internal ring tone - that I'm paying for.
I don't care how long before they answer the initial call - just wish they'd do it when they're ready to talk🤬
That's the other pain. Paying while no one picks the phone up.

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr
My village has those speed cameras that are set up just to flag up your speed, and they've been migrating around its different roads for a good few months now. One presently sits outside a children's nursery, on a road with pubs, shops, some very narrow pavements (where very old buildings sit very close to the road). It's also on the crest of a hill, and with curvature, so visibility isn't great. An understandable thirty zone.

Didn't stop some dullard setting it off at 40 in today's snow and slush...

Reactions: WayneKerr
Speaking of parking, these supermarkets (and public car parks) should widen the parking bays or have dedicated bays for SUVs. The amount of times I've lugged the shopping back to the car and found some numpty has parked so close I can't open the door.
Like this, perhaps? Volvo was the latecomer, so I'm sure the guy in the Vauxhall was thrilled...

Optimized-shitty parking.jpg

Can't say I see the point in going to the pub by car!
I don't. I walk. The point I'm making is to get any food or other essentials, we have no choice but to use this road.

What makes it worse is there's an industrial estate and our railway station, so there's a quite a lot of HGVs and buses using the same 'B' road.

It's a nightmare if you're not familiar with the area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts