Room 101

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Better too long than too short 😉
They make them around 3metres for home use, where the length can be lost if necessary. Not so good for portable of course - and the reason they supply shorter cables with outdoor headphones.

(I've got 1.2m and 3m lengths for mine).
3m is about right for an average headphone cable run in my opinion, for home use anyway....

Reactions: Gray and WayneKerr

WayneKerr

Mmm... never played golf, only tried pitch and putt about 35 years ago. Not my thing.

Used to like playing snooker but I was rubbish. Think my top break was no more than 3 balls of various colours.

Not keen on walking except across our large common - wild deer, rabbits, horses and a few cows - it's literally a few yards from our doorstep.
Golf is a bug, if it bites you then it's a good sport. There are some beautiful courses out there and it doesn't have to be expensive, I won't pay over £30 for a round, don't consider this to be too bad for 4+ hours of enjoyment... better courses are wasted on me. Fortunately all my nephews play too so I'm seldom short of a playing partner plus you meet lots of new friends. It's more of a giggle and some serious ribbing, never too serious.

That common near you looks wonderful (y)

Golf is a bug, if it bites you then it's a good sport. There are some beautiful courses out there and it doesn't have to be expensive, I won't pay over £30 for a round, don't consider this to be too bad for 4+ hours of enjoyment... better courses are wasted on me. Fortunately all my nephews play too so I'm seldom short of a playing partner plus you meet lots of new friends. It's more of a giggle and some serious ribbing, never too serious.

That common near you looks wonderful (y)
TBH, Doug, I don't even know how to hold a golf bat properly. Think one swing it came flying out of my hand. It probably went closer to the hole than the ball.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: WayneKerr
People who write posts on tablets and don't bother to insert paragraphs. One just dropped in on the TT&LP section... it's like a ruddy text dump! I refuse to read the damned things :mad::poop:
Unfortunately mods have to in case there is a spam hyperlink or whatever included somewhere. I have better things to do with my day.... :)
However, he has been asked before to keep it simple as his language conversion software cannot punctuate sentences or add paragraphs.
He must realise that even in Spanish or whatever punctuation is important.
The problem is he dies tend to ramble and includes stuff that is irrelevant to the question being answered.

WayneKerr

Unfortunately mods have to in case there is a spam hyperlink or whatever included somewhere. I have better things to do with my day.... :)
However, he has been asked before to keep it simple as his language conversion software cannot punctuate sentences or add paragraphs.
He must realise that even in Spanish or whatever punctuation is important.
The problem is he dies tend to ramble and includes stuff that is irrelevant to the question being answered.
He needs to get better conversion software :)

The combination of Sainsbury's and Tyrrell's crisps - asking £2.75 for a larger bag of the latter's chili crisps. They were an essential item as far as I was concerned (bought whenever possible in periodic half price deals), but if that sticks I'm going to reluctantly have to seek an inferior alternative.

The combination of Sainsbury's and Tyrrell's crisps - asking £2.75 for a larger bag of the latter's chili crisps. They were an essential item as far as I was concerned (bought whenever possible in periodic half price deals), but if that sticks I'm going to reluctantly have to seek an inferior alternative.
Hate it when my daughter buys crisps, most brands, and the bag is only half full.

Gray

I'm going to reluctantly have to seek an inferior alternative.
I think that's the story of now, with many people down grading (and it usually is a downgrade).
I'm now on inferior versions of rice crispies, cornflakes, Cheerios and have always been on the Tesco cheapy 'Weetabix' - and even some of those are coming in smaller boxes!

The only quality breakfast I've stuck with is Quaker oats porridge - and overnight that went from 2 for £3 to 2 for £4 (quite a percentage increase).

All crisps. Up until last year, I would never pay more than a quid for a big bag of crisps as I always bought when reduced. But over the last 6 months, the normal reduced prices seem to have jumped 50% to £1.50. If they start jumping to £2, it looks like I’ll be losing some weight…

Hate it when my daughter buys crisps, most brands, and the bag is only half full.
Saw a documentary on crisps, which followed the manufacture of Walker’s crisps. Very interesting, and they stated a technical reason for a certain amount of air in the bag. Something to do with keeping them fresh - too much or too little and they don’t last as long or something.

Just come back from my local Tesco and Co-op - not a lot of reduced crisps (those that were were £1.50-2.00), but the average full priced ones were £2-2.60. Nope.

I highly recommend the Manomasa Serrano Chilli and Yucatan Honey crisps - gorgeous. I still don’t pay the £2 asking price for those either, but I’d pay £1.50 becaise they’re so nice.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts