Roksan Radius / Nima

moriarty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There are some amazing deals around on new/boxed Roksan Radius 5.1 turntables complete with their Nima arm.

Is the 5.2 version really THAT much better??? i.e. more than twice the price of the 5.1 offers

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a good cartridge for such a package?

Hi,
You are right, some good deals about.
In my opinion the answer to part one is a definate no.
I own the original version and have heard the 5.2, subtle differences to my ears but nothing drastic.
Save some money by buying the 5.1 and spend a little more on a decent cartridge.
I used mine with a Dynavector 17D2-2 but maybe thats a little excessive. The arm will cope with pretty much any cartridge. Just try to audition a few in your price bracket.

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The Ortofon 2M red is a good value for money cartridge for this T/T. The differences between the two are small and include small changes to the feet and slight asthetic changes. The belt was also changed. The biggest differences came with the nema arm so try and make sure you get the latest Nema on the T/T.

I agree with Phil at CustomCable that the 2M Red is a good match. You did not say in your original post what price bracket you may be looking at.
If you do go for the original version of this TT I would advise you to change the feet for something better. The originals were badly designed - which is probably why they changed them in the Mark 2 version!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts