Roksan kandy or a naim nait 5i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I like listening to varied music, from new metal to miles davis. I have listen to a Naim and I think it sounds great and it was running a pair a of epos m12.2. But i have a pair of Acoustic energy Aegis evo ones and I would like to know what the Roksan kandy would sound like compared to the Naim. The problem I have is I purchased a audio analogue Verdi amp and I find it a little slow and very laid back. Also i have is 3 audio shops saying different things, 1 says to go for the Naim and the other 2 say the Roksan but don't have them in stock to listen to. please help mike

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="eddyvan"]and the other 2 say the Roksan but don't have them in stock to listen to[/quote]

Well, if they want you to buy the Roksan, they'd better get a shift on and get a sample in for you to listen to!

IMHO The Naim NAIT 5i - note the italic - would be the one to go for. It'll certainly sound very different from the Audio Analogue. But I know the review crew is working on a test of amps in this sector of the market, including the new Naim and the Audio Analogue Verdi Settanta, for the April issue, out early March, so it may be worth holding fire until then.

A

Anonymous

It still does not help. I would like the amp to have more pace which would be the roksan or the naim.
cheers

A

Anonymous

[quote user="eddyvan"]It still does not help. I would like the amp to have more pace which would be the roksan or the naim.
cheers[/quote]

Auditioning them yourself will help you the most!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="eddyvan"]It still does not help.[/quote]

I would've thought the fact I suggested the Naim was the one to go for might have given you a clue.

But I echo the advice above - listen to both before you buy.

A

Anonymous

If the audio analogue is not to your tastes and its more pace you want, then I would go for the naim. However, this is based on the Nait 5i as I have not yet heard the new Nait 5i (with italics).

The Roksan gives you more power but I feel its probably best with rock music. The Nait is the better all rounder of the two and has more pace IMO.

But ultimatley this is about your own personal preference so go and have a demo. The good thing is that either will address the problem you have with your current amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts