Roksan Caspian M1 good match with DC6T SE?

simono

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
Recently bought some Tannoy DC6T SE and am driving them with my old but trusty Arcam Alpha 3. Sound is good but feel the amp is holding it back. Have a chance to buy a Roksan Caspian M1. Tend to listen to acoustic an ambient music. Would this be a good match?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I would audition the Roksan Caspian M2 or at least the new Kandy K2. Anythin near their price range is lightweight and lacks power in my taste. And no NAD youngman. :shame:

simono

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for reply. Cost is a big factor, hence the second hand Caspian M1. Also thought the Kandy can sound harsh with the Tannoys. Was also led to believe the DC6T SE's were quite easy to drive (had been looking at aalve amp an option).

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I only auditioned the new M2, can't help you with the M1. Hopefully more members will chime in.

My usual safe bet for Tannoys that I owned was a Marantz.

simono said:
Recently bought some Tannoy DC6T SE and am driving them with my old but trusty Arcam Alpha 3. Sound is good but feel the amp is holding it back. Have a chance to buy a Roksan Caspian M1. Tend to listen to acoustic an ambient music. Would this be a good match?

The Caspian M1 is a very capable amp. It'll certainly be a worthwhile upgrade to your Alpha 3. can't say how they'll match with Tannoy speakers, though.

(I still have the Arcam Alpha 7R, which is a couple of steps up from your 3, and the Caspian is in a different league to the 7).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts