Rodrigo y Gabriela

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Happy New Year.

Anyone see Rodrigo and Gabriela on Joules Holland's Hootinany last night I might be a bit behind the times never having seen them before but I was gob smacked, absolutely stunning to watch them play, I am tempted to get one of their albums but not sure you would get the full effect, watched a little on u-tube today and still brought a lump to my throat.

http://www.last.fm/music/Rodrigo+y+Gabriela

A

Anonymous

Yeah I seen them. Absolutely brilliant, Ive been listening to them on Spotify and while it is still very good it is far more impressive when you can see them play.

A different genre of music but just as impressive technique wise is Eric Mongrain doing Airtap. Well worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbdKMpM3f4

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
bobbyg81:
Yeah I seen them. Absolutely brilliant, Ive been listening to them on Spotify and while it is still very good it is far more impressive when you can see them play.

A different genre of music but just as impressive technique wise is Eric Mongrain doing Airtap. Well worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbdKMpM3f4

WOW.

A

Anonymous

thought they were pretty good, but the sound seemed off. I don't know if they dropped the levels for them or something but it didn't sound as clear/alive as the other acts. Having said that I also thought that most of the singers who were with Jools & his rhythm & Blues band sounded a tad quiet/lost (especially Boy George)

A

Anonymous

if you enjoy them, have a listen to this as it is very similar .... 3 of the world's greatest guitarists performing together and superbly produced ...

Friday Night in San Francisco performed by Di Meola, Mc Laughlin and De Lucia

I have the cd but can also be heard on spotify

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've got Rodrigo y Gabriela and Introducing Rodrigo y Gabriela, and both are excellent. They sound great at punchy volume, or as background for a party. I've also seen them at a festival (Oxegen) and it was one of the highlights of the festival. The oher half hadn't heard them at that point, and was very impressed.

Thanks for that dim_span - will check them out too!

EDIT: it's only £3.45 to download from Amazon, bargain!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I discovered them about a year ago and have their first CD. It is fanstastic and the production is flawless. Also, it comes with a bonus DVD with live performances. The DVD is also excellent.

6a00c2251d3d4e604a0100a7f5fe5c000e-500pi

A

Anonymous

Rodrigo and Gabriela are excellent at what they do but I always think longevity / maintaining interest is an issue for this type of performer.

A la Lily Allen, Seasick Steve, John Otway(!) and so on - reasonable stuff but the one formula can become a bit samey after a while.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:

if you enjoy them, have a listen to this as it is very similar .... 3 of the world's greatest guitarists performing together and superbly produced ...

One of the finest albums ever produced.

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
dim_span:

Great call dim_span. I am eagerly awaiting the CD popping through my letter box. Feel free to recommend more.

A

Anonymous

jimdonnelly:dim_span: Great call dim_span. I am eagerly awaiting the CD popping through my letter box. Feel free to recommend more.

another good one, but different and maybe not as good as the other ... also very well produced with a couple of good tracks ... listen to track #7 called Air Tap!:

Fates .... by Eric Mongrain

51U7kHh4ZuL._SS500_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Bueno Vista Social Club live at Carnegei Hall ... listen to track #3

A

Anonymous

forgot about this one (one of my fav cd's bought in the last 6 months)

TRENDING THREADS