RIP Rick Parfitt

D

Deleted member 2457

Very sad news, saw him in concert at the NEC Birmingham in about 1995 and loved it! rip.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Very sad indeed, Status Quo were one of the very first bands I saw way back in 1986 on their completely inaccurately named "End of the road tour" I was deaf for days afterwards, cracking stuff.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Very sad but not unexpected, he's been unwell for years now. I was a big Quo fan in the early years, before they became a comedy act. I first went to see them in the early 70's when they had ceased being a pop band and had morphed into a hard rocking boogie band, Caroline and Paper Plane were riding high in the charts. What a fantastic gig, Manchester's Free Trade Hall was literally bouncing, I'll never forget it. At that time they were one of the best live bands about.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Only heard about it on the car radio about an hour ago. Very sad. Saw them at Hammy Odeon back in 82. Great live band.

Bit of Rick trivia: Mrs. P's aunt sold her Teddington house to Rick years ago.

RIP Rick

A bit of Francis Rossi trivia: I bought a pair of PMC IB2S's off him about three years ago. I picked them up from his own private recording studio in his back garden. Eileen Rossi made me a brew and their son helped me lift them in to the car! Sadly Francis was out of the country that day, but two weeks later I got a signed poster through the post from him and a note to say thanks for buying them. Weirdest/coolest bit of eBaying ever!

Gazzip said:
plastic penguin said:
Only heard about it on the car radio about an hour ago. Very sad. Saw them at Hammy Odeon back in 82. Great live band.

Bit of Rick trivia: Mrs. P's aunt sold her Teddington house to Rick years ago.

RIP Rick

A bit of Francis Rossi trivia: I bought a pair of PMC IB2S's off him about three years ago. I picked them up from his own private recording studio in his back garden. Eileen Rossi made me a brew and their son helped me lift them in to the car! Sadly Francis was out of the country that day, but two weeks later I got a signed poster through the post from him and a note to say thanks for buying them. Weirdest/coolest bit of eBaying ever!

Amen to that brother.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Again - so many - he had a quadruple heart bipass nearly 20 years ago. All that abuse of the body does catch up with you - sadly.

Not a big fan of Quo - but liked the early stuff (Pictures of Matchstick men etc) . Respect for their recent acoustic album - good.effort.

But above all - Rick Parfitt was a very likeable bloke who enjoyed a great career in music! Top man as they say.

RIP Rick tonky

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
RIP :-( Quo had such a wide-ranging varied output, much of it was the sound track to my youth. Those who profess a dislike for their music, surely you must like something they did? Blimely what music do you actually like?

Merry Xmas to all, even those who don't ike Quo :)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Lots to like major - no-one's dissing Quo - we all like different stuff - Rick Parfitt was a well respected very likeable guy. He would be the first person to say how "samey" a lot of their music was. There's a lot of room for people's varied comments.

regards tonky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts