Looking for some advice please.

I am looking for a new TV for my living room. Requirements are 40-50inch, min 2 HD and 1 USB ports. I am not bothered about Smart TV as I have a Sony BluRay which has all the Smart Apps I need.

I have been looking at Richer Sounds and it seems to good to be true, 49inch Luxor (£270), 40inch Luxor (£150) & 42inch Panasonic and LG Freeview HD (£299)...Plus a 5year guarantee!

Has anyone on here got any experience with Luxor TV's and/or buying from Richer Sounds?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Richer Sounds are a good company to buy from, so no worries at all there. As for Luxor, I can't say I've ever seen one in action, but I doubt very much they'd be of a high quality, but they may be good enough for your needs, only you know the answer to that.

I'd advise you to go for nearer the 50", rather than 40" in your range, because you adjust very quickly to the size, and if you do go for 42", you'll probably wish you'd gone for bigger quite soon afterwards.

Last bit of advice. I think you have to be a VIP member at Richer Sounds to get the free 5 year warranty, which isn't a problem, as it's only a case of filling in a small form, but it's worth mentioning when you go instore to buy the tv.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've just looked on Richer Sounds site, and if you can stretch your budget to £450, you'd get a lot more choice, and a lot better tv.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello Bazza, as Simonlewis says, I emphatically would NOT buy Luxor, because they don't have a Freeview HD tuner, which is an absulute deal-breaker. As BigBernardBresslaw says (I've just looked at Richer Sounds website as well) go towards a 50" screen rather than 40". Try the £449 Samsung UE48H5000, the £499 UE50H5000 or, even better, the £529 Samsung UE48H5500. Unfortunately the best one of all in that class, the Samsung UE48H6400, has just had a £80 price hike, now it is £599, but if you can stretch to it that would be very good.

TRENDING THREADS