Richer Sounds Ireland

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I finally got myself sorted this morning! i bought Monitor Audio RS8s with Cambridge Audio 740A+C. Biwiring sorted after a quick phone call. i cant say enough bout the gents in Richer Belfast. It was defo worth the trip from Waterford. Anyone thinking of buying should seriously consider them...

thanks to all on here too for the recent advice and chat.

off now to run in my speakers!

bye for a while

eamo

A

Anonymous

Nice gear you got there and im sure you saved a small fortune buying in the north with the sterling rate and all .

however as mentioned in another post

"ÿCant recommend richer sounds in Belfast , left back some equipment recently that iÿwasn'tÿhappy with , they took it back ok but charged me a 15% handling fee (which was ok) but iÿdidn'tÿappreciateÿthe slightlyÿsarcasticÿsmile and big thank you i got from the staffÿÿas they deducted the 15% fee from my card. And you cant demo properly in Richer sounds. they seem to be more geared towards selling big tv's "

ÿI eventually ended up buying from Moores hifi in newtowards county Down , heÿdoesn'tÿcarry the brands you bought but does carry other brands such as Naim , Creek , Spendor , Proac and chordÿamongstÿothers. ÿJim (the owner) let me demo some speakers and amps for nearly 2 hours and he was happy to do it , Top bloke ,a real hifi enthusiast , highly recommended.

ÿI also demoed some hifi in Flicks hifi, bangor ,county antrim , listened to some b&w gear ,ÿLots of space , good demo rooms but the lads were quite helpfull too.

ÿJust thought it worth mentioning that richer sounds are not the only option , and their demo facilities are non-existent .

ÿBy the way congratulation ,enjoy your gear , i'm sure it sounds greatÿ.

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Belfast R.S is so hit and miss.I personally have had good experience with them and on a whole recommend them.Friends of mine have had mixed success with a trend of gripes which include unanswered e-mails,erratic stock levels,price variations from rep to rep etc.I don't find them flippant just genuinely up to their eyeballs.Retail up North is going thru its own celtic tiger.However this is when they should be looking after their customer base as tigers go extinct on this island with the first touch of frost.

Very interested with drumlins4ever's experience with other hi fi retailers up north.I will definitely check them out for my own possible upgrades aswell as for recommendations to my mates.Thanks Drumlins.

A

Anonymous

From John McDonald - Richer Sounds Ireland

Dear Drumlins4ever,

Thanks for your comments and apologies that you are not happy with our service.

We really H A T E charging Customers a 15% restocking charge and take absolutely no pleasure in doing this! We only do it when goods are returned to us outside our 14 day exchange policy - as I am sure you can understand when goods are purchased from us and subsequently returned used - we cannot resell these as new and we have to offer a significant discount to sell used equipment which is always in excess of 15%.

If you look at the feedback we receive on the Irish forum boards.ie I think you will find that generally our Customers are really happy with our service and hopefully you just misunderstood the 'big thank you'.

With regard to Richer Belfast being more geared towards selling big TV's - we are all huge hifi enthusiasts and we stock the largest range of Hi-fi separates in the country so I cannot understand how you can have this impression - however we only want happy Customers and if you would like to speak to me personally I'm happy to do so at any time - if you contact the shop the guys will happily give you my direct number and please feel free to contact ne at any time,

Thanks again

John Mc

drumlins4ever:

Nice gear you got there and im sure you saved a small fortune buying in the north with the sterling rate and all .

however as mentioned in another post

" Cant recommend richer sounds in Belfast , left back some equipment recently that i wasn't happy with , they took it back ok but charged me a 15% handling fee (which was ok) but i didn't appreciate the slightly sarcastic smile and big thank you i got from the staff as they deducted the 15% fee from my card. And you cant demo properly in Richer sounds. they seem to be more geared towards selling big tv's "

I eventually ended up buying from Moores hifi in newtowards county Down , he doesn't carry the brands you bought but does carry other brands such as Naim , Creek , Spendor , Proac and chord amongst others. Jim (the owner) let me demo some speakers and amps for nearly 2 hours and he was happy to do it , Top bloke ,a real hifi enthusiast , highly recommended.

I also demoed some hifi in Flicks hifi, bangor ,county antrim , listened to some b&w gear , Lots of space , good demo rooms but the lads were quite helpfull too.

Just thought it worth mentioning that richer sounds are not the only option , and their demo facilities are non-existent .

By the way congratulation ,enjoy your gear , i'm sure it sounds great .

TRENDING THREADS