Reynaud Twin Signature x Spendor A5: side step?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, all,I´ve been a happy Reynaud Twin Signature owner for almost 4 years but I´d like to have more clarity and details in the midrange and also more bass.

My room (living room) has good size: 25 m². And behind my listening postion there´s no wall; it´s the dining, which is a little smaller than the living room (23 m²).

I think a Spendor SP1/2R2 could be a good option, but I can not afford it. Another option would be Spendor SP2/3R2 but, in fact, if possible, I´d like to avoid a stand mount speaker because although I use a good Target soldered stand I keep thinking a stand is another factor to interfere in the final result. So it´d be better if I can go with a tower speaker.

As I listened to Spendor SA1 and it seemed terrific I thought a Spendor A5 could be a good option, as its mid and high drivers are the same as the SA1, and also its crossover mid/high point is near its smaller sister.

But A5 is not so big; in cubic centimeters it´s similar to Twin Signature. So, is there a big risk that this change becomes a side step or even a small step up?

Thanks,João

Ragworm

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
My previous speakers were a pair of JMR Twins and very good they were too! But like you, I wanted a bit more oomph at the bottom end and a bit more detail. I moved on to the PMC TB2+s that I have now and have never looked back. They're a tad larger than the JMRs but, in my opinion, better all round. You should give a pair of TB2is a listen (replacement for the TB2+).

A

Anonymous

Thank you, Ragworn, I once experienced a pair of DB1 in my system and I really liked them. PMC should be an option; a Reynaud tower too. But here in Brazil I narrow my list because of prices. Some speakers are much more expensive here than they are in their origin country. PMCs are one of these. Spendorïs, on the other side, have good price. JoÆo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts