Revolver turntable problem.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum guys and girls so please be gentle with me
emotion-10.gif
, Any way having just returned from the loft after the yearly jolly up there to retrieve all the festive decorations etc I unearthed my old hifi gear all boxed up and all appeared to be in mint condition ( so I thought) items included :-

1. Revolver Turntable with Linn Basic LVX tone arm with an A&R Cambridge C77 or P77 cartridge ( cant remember which.

2. NAD 3120 amp.

3. Celestion ditton speakers, can't remember model number.

4. Philips cd460 ( I think ) cd player.

Everything appears to be all hunkydory appart from one or two problems with the turntable.

1. the drive belt has perished badly over the years of storage.

2. the lubrication for the phosphure bronze bearing for the platter appears to have dried up.

Is their any of you hifi gurus out there that are familiar with the revolver turntable that can recollect the type and exact amount of oil required for the platter bearing, and also were can i get a new drive belt. I have tried searching on the interweb for original manufacturer ( SEE CORPORATION , Sundown Electronic Enginnering, I think) but as expected found nothing.

I would be very greatfull if someone could point me in the right direction as I would like to get my old system back up and running and maybe transfer some of my old vinyl to PC.

Many thanks in advance Tim.

A

Anonymous

I would go to Maplin for the drive belt, Im sure they will have something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts