Revolver RW33 Standmount speakers - Any advice?

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi, Anyone got any advice on these speakers?

Trying to find a review but nothing free on net. Hi Fi choice did comment "they were good for rock" back in Feb 2005?

Cheers

System Rotel RCD971CD, Nad Preamp 1155, 2 x Nad 2200PE mono blocs,

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Cheers. what stands were the on?

I'm replacing my mission m74i's which recently bought cheap off ebay replacing my mission 734i's. They're (the m74i's) just to harsh in the treble and the midrange sounds disjointed. Good base though.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hi-fi world rate them highly too, i think the atacama sl range are good for these speakers although as john used to have them i'm sure he'll be along to tell you what he used.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Thnak you gpi. How long have you had your R33's for? Do you find them ok with Rock/Metal (if that's your taste)? I know they're not as big as my missions and the base probably wont be as authoritive but control a good midrange and non harsh treble is what i'm ultimately looking for

Cheers

A

Anonymous

The Revolvers are deserving of some high quality stands, mass filled such as Partington or the Kudos s50, bith are very sturdy and suit the Revolvers well.

Then keep them well away from the rear wall, the are rear ported and need space behind them to give their best, about 1 metre would be ideal. Keep them wide apart, apart 2.5-3 metres again will be good.

You'll end up with a massive soundstage, good depth. They have very good bass weight, great upper bass punch, midrange is very holographic so you'll get great presence from them, treble is smooth, not bright at all, one final tip would be to remove the metal mesh protector over the tweeter this will give the tweeter a tad more focus.

Add a valve amp or the Sonneteer Campion and these big standmounters will really really sing.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Pike900fish:
Thnak you gpi. How long have you had your R33's for? Do you find them ok with Rock/Metal (if that's your taste)? I know they're not as big as my missions and the base probably wont be as authoritive but control a good midrange and non harsh treble is what i'm ultimately looking for

Cheers

I've had my Revolvers for about two years now and I find them great with rock, metal and all genres of music. I listen to AC/DC on them one day and Elgar the next. I have mine blu-tacked on three-quarter filled Target HR60s and about one foot from the rear wall. I don't find them too fussy about placement as they seem happy wherever I place them. They have very good bass depth for standmounts and an excellent midrange. I have mine connected 2-4 with two runs of Gale Symphony 400 and have also run them with Black Rhodium S300x2 2-2 with jumpers in place.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for further responses. Unfortunately the new RW33's are gone from ebay. Typical eh...I went off line about 11.30pm last night with the intention of buying them this morning. Logged on today and someone had swipped them at 11.50pm last night!!

Never mind will keep looking

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on these speakers?

Cheers

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Probably because you posted about them on a public forum.
emotion-1.gif

I bought mine from Revolver direct. Worth a call at least?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts