Reviews for AV/Receivers in the £1500--£2000 -entry level

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So far there hasn,t been reveiws for av/receivers in the £1500-2000 entry level except for the Pioneer LX82 , so i guess that will leave the Pioneer LX82 alone and undisputed for this year HI-FI Award?....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
That's an interesting definition of "entry level"!
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Yamaha DSP-Z7 is a prime contender in that category....

nice to hear that is the DSP-Z7 are entering the party , and yes sure clare the DSP-Z7 is an excelent AVR but again it,s a couple of years old now , and we all know technology just keeps moving on - i just think it,s slightly unfair competition..

A

Anonymous

Don,t know the exact spec. for both AVR , but it,s most likely that the pioneer lx82 will pack something extra as it has the closer edge to the new tec. but i was also thinking that, new AVR from other brand such as onkyo, sony, denon, elc. deserve to inter the competition stage as well...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Which they have done if they've got products to us in time for Awards judging. Remember:

a) we haven't published reviews of all the kit we've had in for test yet and

b) we'll test any subsequent products against our Award winner at that price, and name a new Best Buy if necessary: the Best Buy section in magazine and here online gets updated as new tests are done.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I've had a Yamaha Z7 for a few weeks now after getting a refund on my Arcam AVR600. Considering you can buy it now for £1500 it's an excellent buy in my opinion. It's not the AVR600 as far as it's music capabilities are concerned, but it's pretty good and I haven't felt the need to spend the rest of my refund on a stereo amp yet. As far as surround sound with movies goes, I find it more enjoyable than the Arcam. My experience of the Z7 so far certainly does the AVR600 no favours given that it's double the price.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:That's an interesting definition of "entry level"!
emotion-8.gif

That is the entry level here in Denmark! Tough country isn't it
emotion-5.gif

Well, will be interesting to see. I guess the Yamaha Z7 was just above the 2000 mark last year getting some really hard competition. Maybe it actually got a shot this year.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The DSP-Z7 arrived too late for last year's Awards consideration: the range was only announced late September, and stocks didn't hit shops until just before Xmas here in UK

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Ahh, I see. It is just my memory playing tricks on me again. I do start to feel old... (at the age of 35 that is scary!)

Well, as said, will be interesting to see how it fares this year.

A

Anonymous

TKratz:
the_lhc:That's an interesting definition of "entry level"!
emotion-8.gif

That is the entry level here in Denmark! Tough country isn't it
emotion-5.gif

Exactly TKratz
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Which they have done if they've got products to us in time for Awards judging. Remember:

a) we haven't published reviews of all the kit we've had in for test yet and

b) we'll test any subsequent products against our Award winner at that price, and name a new Best Buy if necessary: the Best Buy section in magazine and here online gets updated as new tests are done.

Thanks Clare that,s very well explaind.

Though it could have been more exiting to see a few more contender at this price point
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'll need to take the manufacturers - and their release-schedules - to task about that. Just about every other area of the market has its key products on sale by late September....

TRENDING THREADS