Review Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been reading some reviews on the Yamaha RX V2065 receiver and it states in the pro's and con's the following:-

Pros:
  • 130 watts into seven channels
  • Very good graphical user interface
  • HD Radio tuner
  • Ethernet connectivity (DLNA certified)
  • Two HDMI outputs
  • Digital audio output (optical only)
  • Front-panel HDMI and USB inputs
  • Two remote controls
  • iPhone app
Cons:
  • No video signal processor
  • Non-assignable digital audio inputs
  • Can’t pair HDMI video with multi-channel analog inputs

Just wondering what exactly do i miss out on if i bought one of these with the 3 cons mentioned above.

If anyone can explain it a bit better for me that would be great, thanks.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
toebash:
I have been reading some reviews on the Yamaha RX V2065 receiver and it states in the pro's and con's the following:-

Pros:
  • 130 watts into seven channels
  • Very good graphical user interface
  • HD Radio tuner
  • Ethernet connectivity (DLNA certified)
  • Two HDMI outputs
  • Digital audio output (optical only)
  • Front-panel HDMI and USB inputs
  • Two remote controls
  • iPhone app
Cons:
  • No video signal processor
  • Non-assignable digital audio inputs
  • Can't pair HDMI video with multi-channel analog inputs

Just wondering what exactly do i miss out on if i bought one of these with the 3 cons mentioned above.

If anyone can explain it a bit better for me that would be great, thanks.

What will you be using it with?

A

Anonymous

I have a Philips 42 PFL 9664 tv

PS3, WII & Sky + (but will upgrade to Sky HD later)

I have also ordered Kef 3005se speakers.

Will be mainly for watching TV (through sky), DVDs, blue ray and listening to music when up and running.

Was also looking at the Denon 2310 but the Yamaha has came right down in price and is only 10 pounds different with the Denon but the Denon has virtually no Cons?

Hope the above is what you were after?

A

Anonymous

Please Please Please is there any takers on the above question as i am eager to sort myself out with one in the next few days?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I have never heard the RX-V2065, but I believe it is a great machine.

Looking at your sources your not going to miss much:

Video processing, sure I remember seeing that it upscales to 1080p via HDMI, but I assume you would let you PS3 upscale your dvd's anyway.

If it does not upconvert to HDMI from component this may cause you a problem with the Wii if you use this cable for what Nintendo call Enhanced Definition.

Easily solved you would have to run a component from the amps output to the TV and switch inputs when you use the amp.

In terms of HDMI not being assignable to analogue multi inputs, this would only really be relivant if you had an older blu ray player that did not bitstream HD audio & you had to send it via analogue and not HDMI (which you will do via your PS3).

So as I see it you will be OK, just listen to both amps and decide which you prefer the sound of.

A

Anonymous

Markjaspi,

totally appreciate you writing back and enlightening me on what is probably pretty basic jargon.

Thats put my mine at ease on the cons that was mentioned.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Stuart

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It may also mean when you get SkyHD you'll have to run the HDMI to the TV and a digital cable to the amp. The alternative is running HDMI and digital to the amp but if you then can't assign the digital input to the HDMI input you won't be able to get Dolby Digital from SkyHD (as the Sky HDMI only carries stereo sound).

A

Anonymous

Good point the_lhc,

Although I would check this out via the contact us option on Yamaha's website, as I remember them have this problem with the 763/863 when they launched, and them issuing a firmware fix.

Surely they would not make the same error twice?

Best of luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks the_Ihc & markjaspi,

i have taken your suggestion about asking Yamaha through there website so hopefully i'll get the answers.

Great points though, been a great help.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS