Revelation or Odyssey 2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable. I'm looking for a cable that will tighten the bass up whilst revealing more detail in the mid and treble - without being harsh.

Can anyone let me know what differences/improvements either the Revelation or the Odyssey 2 will bring.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

The Oddy will do what Nick has said, but in all honesty, I have to say the qed revelation sounds better to me all around. Had to buy longer lengths of cable 5m and 4m of oddy as it was more cost effective from fleabay, but if I had the money would of got more qed.

Booth are very good cables, but the qed sounds more open. It is not like the qed xt that is quite lean, it is a rounded cable.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
potboyslim:
The Oddy will do what Nick has said, but in all honesty, I have to say the qed revelation sounds better to me all around. Had to buy longer lengths of cable 5m and 4m of oddy as it was more cost effective from fleabay, but if I had the money would of got more qed.

Booth are very good cables, but the qed sounds more open. It is not like the qed xt that is quite lean, it is a rounded cable.

And, if I went the QED Revelation route and kept the Chord Carnival for the rears (in wall/under carpet etc) would that match sonically OK?

A

Anonymous

potboyslim:

Thanks for the replies guys. Its sounding like the Revelation is the way for me to go. How does the bass on the QED Revelation compare to the Odyssey 2?

Adnams

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Try the Audioquest type 4 cable.The whole range tightens the bass but, it become alot more tuneful as well.It also gives you a big soundstage as the Qed does.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts