Returner seeks upgrade advice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

if your tastes have changed like that id probably go for naim over cyrus though i have to say when i listened to cyrus recently they werent as forward as id remembered

A

Anonymous

IW:

Reading back over the thread, it's dawned on me that the other thing that has happened during my ownership is that my music tastes have changed fairly profoundly. I still love bands like Deep Purple, The Who, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Eurythmics and Steeley Dan, but now listen probably more to classical, jass, world, etc. (Mourn the passing of youth! Celebrate my broadening tastes
emotion-1.gif
).

same as with me .... since joining spotify, I now listen to a lot of jazz/classical ....

suppose it's like wine and whisky and olives .... first time you taste it, you dislike it and as you get older, you start appreciating it

another option for just over 1k is the AVI 9.1 active speaker setup .... worthwhile looking into ... combine that with spotify and you will have access to loads of music and will save on buying cd's

many who own the AVI 9.1 setup seem very happy

A

Anonymous

not to mention the possibly better dynaudio and quad actives ds

A

Anonymous

MattSPL:Im not sure where in Scotland you are in relation to http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/ but i found them very friendly and helpfull, a pleasure to deal with. Have a look at their website or give them a call. good pick because theyre audio analogue dealers ant if theres any amp built for classical and jazz its aa

Tonestar1

IW:Oh - might as well push my luck whilst folks are being very helpful. I'm in Scottish central belt - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Livingston all within easy reach. Any suggestions as to retailers you've known and loved?

I'm in Glasgow. Try Audio Merchants on Howard St, Loud and Clear on St Vincent St is also very good as is Glasgow Audio on Great Western Road. There is also Seven Oaks (2mins walk from Glasgow Audio at the bottom of Maryhill Rd) and Stereo, Stereo (St Vincent St). Hi-Fi corner was also brilliant but has unfortunately the Glasgow branch has closed. However I'm sure it has another branch in the Falkirk area which will probably be even handier for you.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

MattSPL:Im not sure where in Scotland you are in relation to http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/ but i found them very friendly and helpfull, a pleasure to deal with. Have a look at their website or give them a call.

some good used items there, especially in the speaker section

T

the record spot

We do alright for retailers here; another high end shop is Jordan Acoustics (formerly Shadow Audio) and then you have Loud and Clear in Edinburgh and the excellent Repro Reproduction just down from Hi Fi Corner in Haddington Place. It's a basement level shop and it's an Aladdin's cave inside - some very nice kit. Kind of like a higher end version of Steve's Hi Fi!

A

Anonymous

I've fixed up a listen to the Quad Cd +poweramp combo for Saturday - looking forward to it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts