Return to the AV world

Steven Rae

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Been a few years since I have been on here or indeed in the AV/hifi world but with recent life changes decided to get back into it.

Used to have an entry level Onkyo AV receiver but decided to treat myself to an upgrade, only to find it almost impossible to find anywhere stocking Onkyo / Pioneer receivers any more? What did I miss?

I did fancy pushing the boat out a bit further, really like the look of the Arcam systems but I've only read negative things about reliability...

Steven Rae

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
What's your budget and what speakers have you got? What's the rest of your system like?

Looking to spend £500 - £1500. Main thing would be for the receiver to have pre-outs to my stereo amp (Pioneer A-50S). Speakers are B&W 685 fronts, HTM62 centre, and 686 rear. Currently no subwoofer. In a few years time however I would like to upgrade to the 700 series.

Would like 4k, zone 2 hdmi out (to run Philips Hue HDMI sync box), 4K.

Is there a reason Onkyo is much less readily available. I like to buy from RS due to the service cover, surprised to see they no longer stock them.

D

Deleted member 2457

Looking to spend £500 - £1500. Main thing would be for the receiver to have pre-outs to my stereo amp (Pioneer A-50S). Speakers are B&W 685 fronts, HTM62 centre, and 686 rear. Currently no subwoofer. In a few years time however I would like to upgrade to the 700 series.

Would like 4k, zone 2 hdmi out (to run Philips Hue HDMI sync box), 4K.

Is there a reason Onkyo is much less readily available. I like to buy from RS due to the service cover, surprised to see they no longer stock them.
Onkyo and Pioneer merged their av business and then Denon tried to buy them both now they’re treading water if that.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS