Replacing woofer in B&W 2003 help please!

MondoMatt

Sep 24, 2024
Visit site
I got a (probably too good to be true) deal on a pair of B&W 2003s but I've just realized the woofer in one of them is dead, I've swapped it to the other speaker to test and it still doesn't work, what are my chances of finding a replacement for it online? For the record I live in a country with pretty bad access to cheap second hand speakers so "just get new ones" doesn't really help me. Thanks in advance.

twinkletoes

EBay will be your friend. You’ll either have to buy a speaker for the parts or set a search alarm for the cone it’s self. You maybe waiting a while for the later. Then you also have hifi sale sites but I’m not to familiar with those.

Jasonovich

I got a (probably too good to be true) deal on a pair of B&W 2003s but I've just realized the woofer in one of them is dead, I've swapped it to the other speaker to test and it still doesn't work, what are my chances of finding a replacement for it online? For the record I live in a country with pretty bad access to cheap second hand speakers so "just get new ones" doesn't really help me. Thanks in advance.

If you know the spare part number and specs, you can try contacting B&W directly for the spare part. Failing that, try eBay as per the abovementioned or, get driver close as possible to original match (including dimensions), probably need to buy a pair of the same and replace the other working speaker as well, to ensure you have a uniform sound on both speakers. Try AliExpress also, they have a selection of drivers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts