Replacement speaker stands for Naim / Dynaudio system?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm dead happy with my Naim system but the wife hates the black Atacama speaker stands (15 year's old?).

While I've no objection to buying nice new ones (silver / chrome probably) I don't want to sacrifice sound and would like to take the opportunity to improve it. My current system is fantastic with mid-range vocals but does lack bass and I also find drums lack a bit of definition.

Your suggestions for speaker stands would be appreciated - as would any other tips for improving things.

I could go to £200 for stands - but would rather spend less!

Current system:

Naim CD5i
Naim Nait 5i (with Naim DIN connector)
Dynaudio Audience 52SE
QED Speaker cable (£10 pm stuff)
Atacama SE24 (sand filled stands)
Equipment rack (can't recall name)

Thanks

Roger

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="roger06"]My current system is fantastic with mid-range vocals but does lack bass and I
also find drums lack a bit of definition. [/quote]

I am shocked (oh...shock icon here), Naim should kick out drum as loud and clear as the band are in the room with you, the Dyn's bass is firm and tuneful imo.
Only speakers stands I have used and took me by surprised with some improvment was Acoustic Energy AE1 dedicate stands.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="roger06"]
Hi guys

I'm dead happy with my Naim system but the wife hates the black Atacama speaker stands (15 year's old?).

While I've no objection to buying nice new ones (silver / chrome probably) I don't want to sacrifice sound and would like to take the opportunity to improve it. My current system is fantastic with mid-range vocals but does lack bass and I also find drums lack a bit of definition.

Your suggestions for speaker stands would be appreciated - as would any other tips for improving things.
I could go to £200 for stands - but would rather spend less![/quote]Hi Roger, These are the most wife friendly speaker stands I've ever seen: acrylic quadraspire QX!For a picture, look on their website: http://www.quadraspire.co.uk/product_range/qx/page1/index.html Also on ebay, but unfortunately only in black, item number: 170179067845By the way, how do you post a picture on this forum? It would come in handy here, and I've seen others do it, but how?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts