Replacement for Marantz CD63SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help.

My Marantz CD63SE has decided that it no longer wants to play any of my CD's I am not sure if this an objection to my musical choice or purely a mechanical failure.

Anyway, it seems I have 3 options:

1. Get it fixed. I have not looked into this option and have no idea whether it's worth it and it seems like a good excuse to get a new one.

2. Replace it with a 2nd hand CD player.

3. Buy a new CD player that fits well in my set up.

So the important bits; I currently have the Marantz CD63SE, A Rotel RA-920Bx2 Integrated Amp no idea who old this is but seems to do the job well) and a pair of Mission M71's. The CD player and Amp were bought 2nd hand (from a reputable store in Sheffield) along with the M71's. I have been happy with this set up for about 6 years now and apart from the odd look I haven't considered updating anything until now.

I would therefore like some advice on the options above and what options will fit in nicely my amp and speakers.

Realistically I don't want to spend more than £200 but if push really came to shove I might be able to stretch a little further.

Any advice is more than welcome.

Thank you.

Keir

A

Anonymous

Cheers jimwall. I remember the days when I was dreaming of the best mid-range system and that was raved about over and over again in this magazine.

Bias aside, though would that still compare to a brand new CD player at about £200? And, there is also a risk of it all going wrong and me having to pay for that one to be fixed!!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I would prefer 2nd hand 63Ki than the modern £200 cdp! but that's me! I never did an a/b comparison between CA 640c and the Marantz but owning the 63 KI would give me a hifi sentimental value on top of having such a fantastic cd player for £150!

A

Anonymous

Well so far seems there is only one choice. Buying 2nd hand seems to be a risk as I recently found out with my car. Can I get the 63 KI 2nd hand from a dealer still where it has been tested or am I going to have risk the 2nd hand market and hope no one will rip me off.

Also, Marantz seems to be popular through out this forum but are there any new or 2nd hand CD players in the same price range that would be a better bet than the KI?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts