Replacement for Klipsch X10i?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I purchased a pair of Klipsch X10i's in September 2012 after reading that they had won the 2011 'Best in-ear headphones £140+' category. The sound quality of these headphones was superb.... as long as I was completely still!

The slightest touch on the cable between the volume control and the ear pieces caused a very loud tapping / drumming / rustling in my ears, spoiling what ever I was trying to listen to.

An example of this is that I would be sat on the train to work and the gentle rocking motion of the train would cause the cable to brush on my collar, causing this loud rustle! If I ever walked anywhere with the headphones in, I could feel every foot step in my ears. Not a pleasant experience at all! They also had an issue with the volume control, sometimes when you turned the volume up it went down and sometimes when you turned the volume down it went up!

I got in touch with the vendor and they advised me to send the headphones back and they would take a look at them. They found the faulty control and agreed to replace them under warranty, but said there was nothing wrong with the sound. Apparently this tapping / drumming / rustling is 'normal line noise on in-ear noise isolating headphones'. The replacement pair arrived and these sounded exactly the same, and in my opinion completely un-useable in the real world. Ironically the back of the box states 'Feel Your Music, Not Your Headphones'.... The vendor has been fantastic with me and has agreed to issue a full refund as I am not satisfied with the product!

The question I have now though is what do I buy to replace them? The Sony XBA-2iP look very nice, but the cable looks just as thin as the X10i. Will these have the same 'line noise' issues? The 'Beats By Dre Tour' look like they have a properly sturdy cable, but is the sound quality rubbish?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Matt

Helix

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

I own Klipsch X10i and tried all Sony XBA series.

The line noise issue is less of a problem. And among the series, 3 is the best balanced.

I believe XBA-3iP is the worthy replacement for X10i.

TRENDING THREADS