Replacement for Denon DCD-520 CD Player

EricM

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
I have been transferring old music tapes to CD (mainly my children playing in brass bands). I ran out of the CD-R I usually use and found they are no longer available.
I tried Mediastar, Traxdata and two different Verbatim disks and none of then work in the 30 year old Denon DCD-520 player.
So I am looking for a replacement player that will play these CD-R.
If anyone has advice on a player I would be most grateful.

EricM

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
Thank you. I should apologise as I should have added that I had tried a tangent EXEO CDP assuming that all modern players would work. The Tangent failed to play any of them. As I cannot go to try them in dealers due to the current situation I was hoping that someone who used CD-R regularly might have some suggestions based on experience.

Thank you. I should apologise as I should have added that I had tried a tangent EXEO CDP assuming that all modern players would work. The Tangent failed to play any of them. As I cannot go to try them in dealers due to the current situation I was hoping that someone who used CD-R regularly might have some suggestions based on experience.
If I remember correctly when you record to CD-R the disc has to be finalised in some way, has this been done?
What I guess I mean is have you actually played these discs on any device?
If they didn't get recognised by the Tangent can you be sure it's not the discs that are at fault?

Last edited:

EricM

Jul 19, 2020
Visit site
Yes they all play on both my DVD players and on the cheap Phillip's stereo that used to belong to my daughter. They are all finalised.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts