Replacement for Brennan JB7

Robert Payne

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
I purchased a Brennan JB7 soon after they went on the market, loaded my CD collection onto it and have been using it ever since. I have always been unsatisfied with the random play setting as it works in a very strange way. Some tracks never get selected and others are picked too often. Sometimes it even repeats a track as soon as it has finished playing! Also many of the tracks, particulaly from the 1970s, fade (after repeating the lyrics too many times!) and I have always wished I had a music player that I can program to segue into the next track at a point of my choosing rather than wait for the JB7 to do it which is about 3 seconds from the end of the track. So I was just wondering if anybody could recommend a similar type of device to the JB7 but which has a better random selection and has the ability to programme the move to the next track rather than me having to press the "Next" button on the remote when I get irritated!

deanchri

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
I purchased a Brennan JB7 soon after they went on the market, loaded my CD collection onto it and have been using it ever since. I have always been unsatisfied with the random play setting as it works in a very strange way. Some tracks never get selected and others are picked too often. Sometimes it even repeats a track as soon as it has finished playing! Also many of the tracks, particulaly from the 1970s, fade (after repeating the lyrics too many times!) and I have always wished I had a music player that I can program to segue into the next track at a point of my choosing rather than wait for the JB7 to do it which is about 3 seconds from the end of the track. So I was just wondering if anybody could recommend a similar type of device to the JB7 but which has a better random selection and has the ability to programme the move to the next track rather than me having to press the "Next" button on the remote when I get irritated!
Hi
I just posted a thread as I want to do something similar ( i.e. save a load of cds) however I want to play in the car too so I thought maybe an A&K cd ripper (£399 at Richer sounds) + A&K player ( thinking of a second hand one of those for around £400) + some decent bluetooth speakers. This would allow me to play my ripped cd collection in the house and in the car via Bluetooth via the A&K player. I ran this past the guy in our local Richer sounds and he said that could work. However if you just want to play at home he also recommended the ‘Bluesound vault2i which also has access to internet radio and cloud subscriptions such as spotify and Tidal etc.

Robert Payne

Dec 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi
I just posted a thread as I want to do something similar ( i.e. save a load of cds) however I want to play in the car too so I thought maybe an A&K cd ripper (£399 at Richer sounds) + A&K player ( thinking of a second hand one of those for around £400) + some decent bluetooth speakers. This would allow me to play my ripped cd collection in the house and in the car via Bluetooth via the A&K player. I ran this past the guy in our local Richer sounds and he said that could work. However if you just want to play at home he also recommended the ‘Bluesound vault2i which also has access to internet radio and cloud subscriptions such as spotify and Tidal etc.
Many thanks for your message deanchri

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts