Replacement Floor Spikes, Where Can I Buy Them?

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where i can buy some replacement Floor Spikes for my Q Acoustics 1050i's? I am missing two of them and want to buy a whole new set and need to know if there is anywhere on line i can buy them and if anyone might know what size the spikes are.

Thanks

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey PP, the QA's sound much better than the Wharfedales. Gone is the brightness and i have now got a much better soundstage, can hear more deatail andhave got a nice tight punchy bass which does go quiet deep.

I know the Kandy deserves much better speakers but at the moment the QA's are the best i can afford so they will be fine for now. I just need to get some new floor spikes, my floor is tiled with carpet on top so the speakers are quiet solid on the floor and not uneven or anything. Do you think it would make much difference if i didn't use any floor spikes?

Have you decided yet if you are going for a all in one system yet?

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.

The QA's stand ontop of metal plinths that suspend them from the floor and also add weight to the speaker. At the moment they are sitting quiet solid on the floor without any spikes. I have emailed Q Acoustics to find out what size the spikes are as i am finding it hard to find anywhere on line that sells them

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
They are likely to be either M6 or M8, just measure across the thread. Plenty on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=speaker+spikes&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Gareth82 said:
Hey PP, the QA's sound much better than the Wharfedales. Gone is the brightness and i have now got a much better soundstage, can hear more deatail andhave got a nice tight punchy bass which does go quiet deep.

I know the Kandy deserves much better speakers but at the moment the QA's are the best i can afford so they will be fine for now. I just need to get some new floor spikes, my floor is tiled with carpet on top so the speakers are quiet solid on the floor and not uneven or anything. Do you think it would make much difference if i didn't use any floor spikes?

Have you decided yet if you are going for a all in one system yet?

Pleased the Qs are a better match for the Roksan. Whatever you do don't connect the Arcam to the Qs, just in case...:shhh:

No decision yet -,probably won't for a few weeks yet... That Leema is sooooo darn good.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I want to say a very big thank you to Q Acoustics Customer Services, i emailed them late last night about the floorspikes and they have just emailed me to say they have sent some new ones out in the post FOC.

@PlasticPenguin: I thinky you may be best to keep the Leema and get a Squeezebox Touch or Zonos ZP90 and store all of your music on a NAS or PC, this way you would only hae the Leema and a very small streamer. The all in ones can be good but i think your Leema would win hands down each time. I did think about selling the Kandy and getting a Marantz MCR603 or Onkyo TX8050 but now i have had a taste of what the Kandy can do with my QA's i am going to stick with it and get a Pioneer N-30 streamer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts