Replacement AV Receiver

Dabooka

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I'm in need of some advice regarding a replacement amp.

I'm hoping to replace my venerable Yamaha RX-V730, which was bought out of retirement last year with the demise of its initial replacement, a Denon (can't recall model number) which gave up the ghost earlier in the year.

I need the replacment to have 2 HDMi outputs which allow different sources, and not simply mirror them, to supply my kitchen TV which is typically where I'm banished to while my lad has CBeebeies on or whatever! It also needs to be no more than about 170mm in height (I know my needs are specific, but that's what they are).

I've spent the day walking around the few remaining shops and have been surpised by the lack of knowledge on offer in trying to identify amps that can do this. I know of the Sony 1050 and Denon 3100 which a pal identified for me in advance, but assumed in store I'd be offered more alternatives, but no. So I wonder if anyone on here can offer advice or suggest some suitable bits of kit?

Thanks in advance,

Dabooka

Dabooka

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I've been doing a search and unfortunately the specs of many of them are described as 'dual HDMi' but don't necessarily specifiy if it's different sources or mirrored; this makes even identifying suitable receivers a challenge.

So far the Sony is winning but I have found the Marantz SR6008 is still kind of available which does support the feature. Any other suggestions from anyone? Any one else use this feature on their own setup?

Cheers,

Dabooka

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm reasonably confident that the successor to my AVR (unlike mine) the Pioneer SC-2024 has 2 zone HDMI output. Currently £100 below original RRP at Richers. Although personally I'd hang on until the price gets nearer £500, then I'd part with the cash.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Dabooka said:
I need the replacment to have 2 HDMi outputs which allow different sources, and not simply mirror them, to supply my kitchen TV which is typically where I'm banished to while my lad has CBeebeies on or whatever!

I don't think that what you want is possible, certainly I've never heard of outputting one source input via HDMI 1 and another source via HDMI 2, not even on very expensive receivers, but I'm happy to be corrected if I am wrong. As far as I know the receiver's outputs of HDMI1 and HDMI2 will be the same. I think that you will need two receivers, and the cheapest ones start at Richer Sounds at about £180, I think.

TRENDING THREADS