Repairing Mission 733i Drivers

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I did create a lengthy explanation of how i repaired my cracked drivers, however it got blocked as SPAM!? Anyhoo, long story short.....you can "weld" the cracks on the 733i polymer drivers using superglue, worked a treat for me....just be careful about applying too much pressure to the crack as it can cause new cracks to occur if you apply it too hard

*only works on polymer based drivers as the solvent melts the polymer

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Also use the minimum amount of glue possible, as its harder than the polymer of the driver, so the last thing you want is the surface of the driver smeared in the stuff.....keep the glue to a tracer along the crack length and you're fine.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
final comment about these .....the polymer in the driver will innevitably harden over time (possibly a weakness in any polymer cones), this causes them to become more susceptible to cracking, and i strongly suspect sunlight worsens this process....it certainly does in other polymers. I would personally advise keeping the grills on the fronts of them, as this will protect them from sunlight and delay the degradation of the driver polymer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts