Removing scratches and protecting gloss speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
dakchi said:
Hi,

I received Poorboys products and applied them on my speakers. I can say that it has a very very slight effect on swirls but nothing miraculous. You can apply them on your speakers if you want, but don't have high expectations. However, the detailing spray is amazing for removing fingerprints and oil and making the speakers shine. I do recommend it

I already explained on the previous page that you aren't going to be able to get much correction without using a DA or a rotary. Don't blame the products, Poorboys World are some of the best products you can buy. Not their fault you aren't exploiting them to their fullest potential.

What do you mean by DA?

dakchi said:
MajorFubar said:
dakchi said:
Hi,

I received Poorboys products and applied them on my speakers. I can say that it has a very very slight effect on swirls but nothing miraculous. You can apply them on your speakers if you want, but don't have high expectations. However, the detailing spray is amazing for removing fingerprints and oil and making the speakers shine. I do recommend it

I already explained on the previous page that you aren't going to be able to get much correction without using a DA or a rotary. Don't blame the products, Poorboys World are some of the best products you can buy. Not their fault you aren't exploiting them to their fullest potential.

What do you mean by DA?
I think it is an abbreviation for Dual Action - a design of powered polishing device.

As to the issue, were I to try anything, I'd consider a household spray like Pledge - keeping it well away from your electronics and wiring - as that polishes (or gives the impression to the human eye) by filling in the scratches, which is presumably what you need.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough but either way the point stands you'll need a polisher to get anything better than marginally better results. You cannot generate the required heat or cut by hand.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
and had been polished when I got it, some minor swirl marks in certain light. Swirl marks can be classed as low-level scratches as polish is an abrasive, so a re-polish is needed. Major points out that you will need a machine to get it right, but I think you should try AutoGlymm SRP by hand and use it as they recommend which is polish circularly then finish in straight lines. It got rid of the marks on my car, hard work but worth it. Their website has tutorials as does the Meguiars site. A pair of cabinets should be easy then finish off with Extra Gloss Protection. Poorboys and Meguiar are both good too so try them out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts