Remote controls??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, wondered if any one has tried the Logitech Harmony 555/525 remote control and if so would you recommend either (or an alternative).

I will need it to control Onkyo 605, xbox 360, Hitachi PVR, HD DVD, Samsung Le37M and also blu ray player in the future and poss. freesat when available.

thanks for any info.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I use the Harmony 555 - think it's a god send and has replaced 7 remotes into 2 (can't use it for the PS3 as this is Bluetooth). There were a few niggling issues with it, but most of these were based around having a Panasonic TV so you shouldn't have any of these. They were all solvable though.

A

Anonymous

I have harmony 555 and think its really good. Some people have stated that the web site (which you need to connect to) and trying to program it is a pain or confusing - but I find it no probs at all. The only downside for me is the small buttons which can be difficilt to press and remembering what the buttons do can be a little confusing and sometimes it needs reprogrammed depsite apparently giving it the correct instructions. But that aside it is well worth the 50 squid I paid Amazon.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
I agree with the other posts. The Harmony range is excellent. I spent a little bit extra and got the 785. Not that much difference, just cosmetic stuff really - colour LCD, more activity buttons and slightly different layout. Also, it uses a Lithium battery and come with a charging station. I think the best prices are on Amazon - the 555 is about £50 and the 785 is £70. Either should control all you stuff but it won't control a PS3 if you decide to get one for Blu-Ray as the PS3 uses Bluetooth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts