HDMI.. those four letters alone on a blank, black screen....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thought I'd post this one and see if anyone has experienced the same or has any solutions.

I have SKY+ HD Box, Panasonic Viera LXD 600, and an Onkyo 606 AV all programmed in and controlled by a Logitech Harmony 555 remote.

One thing that keeps driving me mad, is when I press the "Watch TV" button on the Activities on the remote control, quite often the amp will switch on, the Sky box and the TV, but even though I can hear the audio from the TV there will be a blank black screen with just HDMI written at the top left of the Tv screen.Very frustrating as often has to turn off reboot the Sky box to get working again! |(

Any ideas/ feedback much appreciated!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you can edit the order that devices switch on in the Harmony software - try setting the TV to switch on before the Sky box (if it isn't already) and see if this solves it.

A

Anonymous

eagles1,

I actually find it is the opposite to what others say, in that I power on the Sky box last (I have had the same problem, sound from the Sky+HD box but no picture)!

I used to have a Harmony 700, but have gone back to seperate remotes since upgrading my system (my wife never got on with the Harmony...). Anyway, I find with my Onkyo 609 (which may have similar behaviour to your 606) after power on it will 'click' after a few seconds, and if I power the Sky box on before the Onkyo 'clicks' the tv does not switch to the HDMI out from the AVR (I assume you have all HDMI input through the Onkyo and one HDMI out to the tv?). So, my order of power on is:

Onkyo (wait for 'ckick')

TV

Sky+HD.

You can change the order of power on from the Harmony, although not sure of you can add a delay (after the Onkyo powers up). Might be worth experimenting with the seperate remotes just to comfirm your equipments power on behaviour and the preferred order?

Paul.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
pauled51 said:
You can change the order of power on from the Harmony, although not sure of you can add a delay (after the Onkyo powers up). Might be worth experimenting with the seperate remotes just to comfirm your equipments power on behaviour and the preferred order?

You can't add a delay during the switch on process, but if you do have the issue as described above, you could simply setup a couple of post power on commands to switch off the Sky box, then switch it back on again. When doing this, you can also set a delay of up to 10 seconds, which should be more than enough time to allow the Onkyo to kick in with its clicks.

A

Anonymous

Still having problems with this one!

Thanks for comments, I have tried changing the response times (delays) settings for the Sky Box, TV and Onkyo in the Harmony Device settings, but managed to get to a situation where the Onkyo wasnt even turning on!

I assume the "adjust the delays (speed settings)" is the correct one to change, if so there are 4 different delays listed:

Power On

Inter-Key

Input

Inter Device

They are all measured in ms (miliseconds?), and have default settings for each device.

I thought that to make the Sky box come on last , and the Onkyo first I would adjust accordingly by increasing or decreasing the time delays appropriately. Didnt seem to work, so any suggestions much appreciated!

ps I worked on the assumption that 100ms is a longer delay than 1000ms!

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm I thought it was a 100th of a second or a 1000th as in 1000th being faster?

Maybe not, either way any idea on which of the 4 delays to change and with which advice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts